I tend to be anal, so maybe I'm just being a little too anal here, but the way people were describing the Z Flip hinge made it sound like it was REALLY tight. Going off of that, I was a little taken aback at when I would open mine, it seems a little "easier" to open than I thought. Should I be concerned here about the durability of my particular hinge? Again, it's not like it just flip opens easily with the flick of my wrist like you would see on an old Star Trek episode, but it's still a little easier than I thought it would be, and I'm a small guy with small hands.

Also, this might just be my OCD talking, but I also notice when the phone is open, I look at it from the side and it doesn't seem to be completely flush flat. Again, nothing huge whatsoever, it's barely noticeable, but unfortunately noticeable to me ever so slightly. And of course I'm able to confirm this even more when I have it open and lay it down on an even, flat surface and gently push down on it, there's just a hair of a small open space. Anyone else noticing this too?
    Attached Thumbnails The hinge, opening the phone and when it's fully opened.-flip-1.jpg   The hinge, opening the phone and when it's fully opened.-flip-2.jpg   The hinge, opening the phone and when it's fully opened.-flip-3.jpg   The hinge, opening the phone and when it's fully opened.-flip-4.jpg  
    09-05-2021 04:34 PM
    FYI I currently have a case on it, but it doesn't matter if there is a case on it or not; it still doesn't look flush. In the first pic, you can see it's not quite flat. Close, but not quite. In the third pic you can see how the piece of paper is underneath the phone on the left side, while it's tougher to penetrate on the right side since it's on the flat surface. And in the fourth pic, you can see just the slightest bit of space between the table and phone.
    09-05-2021 04:55 PM
    Now we're all out here staring at our new toys from the side. Lol
    09-05-2021 05:06 PM
    Now we're all out here staring at our new toys from the side. Lol
    Lol sorry. I can't help it!
    09-05-2021 05:17 PM
    Mine sits perfectly flat. No gap at the hinge when open.
    09-05-2021 07:53 PM
    That's a mighty thick case you have there...I'm sure the opening and closing isn't going to feel like samsung intended when you have so much weight added to it.
    09-06-2021 05:01 AM
    Unfortunately it's the same when I take off the case. Still not completely 100% flush.
    09-06-2021 08:28 AM
    Unfortunately it's the same when I take off the case. Still not completely 100% flush.
    I haven't found anything in life to be 100 percent flush.
    But I'm not shooting a laser transit on life either. Lol.
    rutt88 and J Dubbs like this.
    09-06-2021 09:33 AM
    Show me a picture how it looks like without the case cuz with the case on it looks fine to me. I think you just have some OCD issues
    J Dubbs and jma78b like this.
    09-06-2021 10:08 AM
    Show me a picture how it looks like without the case cuz with the case on it looks fine to me. I think you just have some OCD issues
    Ok, so maybe it isn't quite as bad with the case off. Just a hair off perhaps. Ok, so maybe I am being a little OCD lol.
    Attached Thumbnails The hinge, opening the phone and when it's fully opened.-flip-5.jpg   The hinge, opening the phone and when it's fully opened.-flip-6.jpg  
    09-06-2021 09:20 PM
    It looks fine to me just enjoy your phone and stop staring at it
    jma78b likes this.
    09-07-2021 11:57 AM
    Ok, so maybe it isn't quite as bad with the case off. Just a hair off perhaps. Ok, so maybe I am being a little OCD lol.
    Phone looks fine.
    Those boxes in the background are uneven tho.
    09-07-2021 02:05 PM
    I tend to be anal, so maybe I'm just being a little too anal here, but the way people were describing the Z Flip hinge made it sound like it was REALLY tight. Going off of that, I was a little taken aback at when I would open mine, it seems a little "easier" to open than I thought. Should I be concerned here about the durability of my particular hinge? Again, it's not like it just flip opens easily with the flick of my wrist like you would see on an old Star Trek episode, but it's still a little easier than I thought it would be, and I'm a small guy with small hands.

Also, this might just be my OCD talking, but I also notice when the phone is open, I look at it from the side and it doesn't seem to be completely flush flat. Again, nothing huge whatsoever, it's barely noticeable, but unfortunately noticeable to me ever so slightly. And of course I'm able to confirm this even more when I have it open and lay it down on an even, flat surface and gently push down on it, there's just a hair of a small open space. Anyone else noticing this too?
    Ive noticed this with non OEM cases. I had a Spigen case installed and noticed the fit of the case doing what you described.
    Removed it amd put the Samsung oem leather case and definitely fit better and more flush.
    sulla1965 likes this.
    11-07-2021 08:52 PM
    Yes, I too sometimes think the phone isn't completely straight when opened. But that's when I'm using a case that is. Maybe the cases being in two parts has something to do with it. But yeah sometimes I do notice that.
    12-08-2021 04:21 PM
    FYI I currently have a case on it, but it doesn't matter if there is a case on it or not; it still doesn't look flush. In the first pic, you can see it's not quite flat. Close, but not quite. In the third pic you can see how the piece of paper is underneath the phone on the left side, while it's tougher to penetrate on the right side since it's on the flat surface. And in the fourth pic, you can see just the slightest bit of space between the table and phone.
    If anything I'd prefer mine to not be completely straight... a slight angle will take strain off the screen and potentially allow it to last longer. As time goes on it will eventually open more and more as the hinge loosens up, which will put more stretch on the screen. If anything I'll probably avoid forcing mine all the way open, why stress the screen more than you need to?
    12-09-2021 03:01 AM
    I'm pretty sure its just an optical illusion. As stated, if one stares at anything long enough.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    12-10-2021 07:57 PM

Some non oem cases causes that very slight un flush effect. I purchased a spigen case and it does what described. However with the Samsung Oem leather case this does not happen and opens completely flush.
    sulla1965 likes this.
    12-24-2021 12:58 PM
    Mine appears to be 1/100th of a millimeter off like yours
    01-02-2022 02:44 PM
    Mine is not 100% flat
    But I throw it with hinge protection case!
    01-18-2022 09:44 AM
    Mine is not 100% flat
    But I throw it with hinge protection case!
    Zach from JerryRigEverything on YouTube made sure his Z Flip 3 opened up completely flat... and then some lol. You should watch his video to see just how tough the Flip 3 really is... it might surprise you
    frifred likes this.
    01-25-2022 03:46 AM
    Yes it survived Jerry's stress tests.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    02-26-2022 03:54 PM