What reactions do you get to your phone

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
So far I've gotten:
'What the heck is that on your desk? (at work) it looks like a big beeper'. And when I flip it open for them 'O.M.G...is that a Razr?'

'Is that one of the new foldable phones from Samsung? I've seen em on TV but not out in the wild.' I actually shook this dudes hand for even knowing how to identify the device.

'Is that a phone?' I say 'no' but then open it for them and say 'but now it is'. #jawdrop.

'how cute' ..well, Nothing cute about my phone. It's wrapped in a manly leather case and can kick your cute phone's a$$ any day, bubba.

So what are the reactions, 'out in the wild', to your new Zflip3?

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I have gotten a lot of interest. People tend to get quite excited to see and hold it. I've had mine a month and still don't get even slightly bored of flipping it lol

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
So far I've gotten:
'What the heck is that on your desk? (at work) it looks like a big beeper'. And when I flip it open for them 'O.M.G...is that a Razr?'

'Is that one of the new foldable phones from Samsung? I've seen em on TV but not out in the wild.' I actually shook this dudes hand for even knowing how to identify the device.

'Is that a phone?' I say 'no' but then open it for them and say 'but now it is'. #jawdrop.

'how cute' ..well, Nothing cute about my phone. It's wrapped in a manly leather case and can kick your cute phone's a$$ any day, bubba.

So what are the reactions, 'out in the wild', to your new Zflip3?

It's surprising how many people DONT know about the Zflips! Despite the major advertising.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Nothing.

My family and friends love it but out in the wild, zilch.

A few weeks ago I had to go to Apple Store for warranty replacement on my Charger & USB-C cable. No reaction whatsoever, I guess until Apple comes out with theirs, foldables are meaningless. lol

Seriously, I can admit to showing it off but nothing.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Nothing.

My family and friends love it but out in the wild, zilch.

A few weeks ago I had to go to Apple Store for warranty replacement on my Charger & USB-C cable. No reaction whatsoever, I guess until Apple comes out with theirs, foldables are meaningless. lol

Seriously, I can admit to showing it off but nothing.

Then, my friend, you need some new and exciting people in your life. lolol.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Well I got my first "notice" of my Z Flip 3 today while grocery shopping. I use my phone in the grocery store to "Shop & Scan" so I have to scan each item and put it in my bag. To make this easier and to not drop it I use a lanyard around my neck. I was scanning a box of cereal and there was a employee stocking the shelves nearby. She greeted me as all employees do and then her eyes got big when she noticed my phone hanging around my neck! "Is that the new foldable phone" she asked. Then she was all full of questions and admiration. She said she had been wanting one and now more than ever. It was fun talking with her about the Z Flip 3!

And I might add...my battery was awesome in the grocery store! On my S21 a shopping trip like today would take my battery down to 75-80 percent. Today my Z Flip when I finished shopping said 90%. No I don't have the battery saver option turned on. I have absolutely no complaints about the battery!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Well I got my first "notice" of my Z Flip 3 today while grocery shopping. I use my phone in the grocery store to "Shop & Scan" so I have to scan each item and put it in my bag. To make this easier and to not drop it I use a lanyard around my neck. I was scanning a box of cereal and there was a employee stocking the shelves nearby. She greeted me as all employees do and then her eyes got big when she noticed my phone hanging around my neck! "Is that the new foldable phone" she asked. Then she was all full of questions and admiration. She said she had been wanting one and now more than ever. It was fun talking with her about the Z Flip 3!

And I might add...my battery was awesome in the grocery store! On my S21 a shopping trip like today would take my battery down to 75-80 percent. Today my Z Flip when I finished shopping said 90%. No I don't have the battery saver option turned on. I have absolutely no complaints about the battery!

What an awesome experience! This phone is so awesome and the fact that this enabled you to have a conversation with a stranger - especially since no one wants to talk to strangers nowadays, even less than before - is really awesome! Sounds like you're getting some pretty good use out of your battery, too!

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Battery life has been better than expected. In the same neighborhood as my Fold³. I use both on battery protect and am on my phones constantly. Not too bad.

Folks at work, in CVS, and in the grocery store have asked me about Flip. Similar reaction to the Fold³.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Battery life has been better than expected. In the same neighborhood as my Fold³. I use both on battery protect and am on my phones constantly. Not too bad.

Folks at work, in CVS, and in the grocery store have asked me about Flip. Similar reaction to the Fold³.

That's pretty awesome! I bet both get long looks from observers!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm