Z Flip3 issue; Playing music/video, I get stereo sound. On speakerphone, just one. Is this normal?

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
So.... When I play music on the phone with it's speakers it is stereo, comes out of bottom and top speakers. When I use the speaker phone only the bottom speaker is used. Is it just my phone? My S20's used both speakers when using speaker phone. At least I'm pretty sure it's did.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:

Post Nine

Sep 3, 2020
Visit site
re: Z Flip3 issue; Playing music/video, I get stereo sound. On speakerphone, just one. Is this normal?

you might wanna take it to the nearest service center (ubreakifix or samsung care store)

or have you tried it in safe mode? make sure the call volume is high

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
re: Z Flip3 issue; Playing music/video, I get stereo sound. On speakerphone, just one. Is this normal?

In Samsung members app you have diagnostic tool to check speakers, also can try safe mode like mentioned above, make sure that ear piece is clean and free from dirt or lint ,maybe try a can of compressed air .

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

Yes but are all of your speakerphones having the sound come out when on the phone come from both speakers?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Yes but are all of your speakerphones having the sound come out when on the phone come from both speakers?
When you play music both should work

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I think there is a little confusion. When I play music they do but when on a phone call and use the speaker phone, only the bottom speaker is on. Not both.

Is that the way they all are?
Let me test on my Note20U

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Both on call speaker phone

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

Both on call speaker phone

I'm talking specifically about the flip 3. My s20 both did but the flip 3 isn't. I did the diagnostic check as you suggested and it says speakers are working fine. I think for some reason when using the speakerphone on this, only the bottom speaker fires.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I'm talking specifically about the flip 3. My s20 both did but the flip 3 isn't. I did the diagnostic check as you suggested and it says speakers are working fine. I think for some reason when using the speakerphone on this, only the bottom speaker fires.
I can check later

scassel

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Just tested. With music it plays through both. On speakerphone it is just the lower speaker.

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

Just tested. With music it plays through both. On speakerphone it is just the lower speaker.

Ok. Was just checking to see if it's just me. I guess it's designed that way where the upper speaker may cause some feedback with the noise cancellation or something????? Who knows.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Mine plays through both also

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

You have a case blocking it?

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site

Yeah both on speaker calls , did you try safe mode?

I just tried in safe mode. Only the bottom speaker on my flip 3 has sound on speakerphone. Anyone else besides for me and scassel?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I just tried in safe mode. Only the bottom speaker on my flip 3 has sound on speakerphone. Anyone else besides for me and scassel?
We wait and see if anyone else :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar