Have there been any trade-in rejections by Samsung?

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious if anybody that has traded in a previous phone or two when purchasing your Z Flip 3 had the trade-in rejected. Were you given a reason for the rejection? Do you have an opportunity to appeal the decision?

I don't anticipate that mine will be rejected when I finally get my Flip 3. However, if they are being really tight on their acceptance criteria I would like to know. How long does it take for them to tell you whether your trade-in is accepted or rejected?

The only reason I ordered mine now was the price with trade was close to what I would expect to pay in 5-6 months. If rejected, do they accept the Flip 3 back since I don't want to pay $1000 for it?

judith 2

Sep 20, 2021
Visit site
I'm curious if anybody that has traded in a previous phone or two when purchasing your Z Flip 3 had the trade-in rejected. Were you given a reason for the rejection? Do you have an opportunity to appeal the decision?

I don't anticipate that mine will be rejected when I finally get my Flip 3. However, if they are being really tight on their acceptance criteria I would like to know. How long does it take for them to tell you whether your trade-in is accepted or rejected?

The only reason I ordered mine now was the price with trade was close to what I would expect to pay in 5-6 months. If rejected, do they accept the Flip 3 back since I don't want to pay $1000 for it?

My phone didnt get rejected but i brought it to a samsung store so i know direct if it was accepted. maybe its a option if your country have some samsung stores close by just to visit and let them look.

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
My trade in for the Flip 3 arrived at Samsung today,. It should take 3-7 business days for a response. I will say that Samsung is hit or miss with trade in acceptance. I traded in my Active Watch 2 when I bought a Galaxy Watch 4, Samsung has had it since 9/7 and I have heard nothing from them. My wife had the same trade in and they rejected it claiming it was not an AW2. After a quick chat with customer support they accepted it. We'll see how this latest trade in goes.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

If those trade in devices dont meet the criteria they set and they return the devices back they will charge your card the discount for the trade in you were getting. If for some reason they return your trade ins back and want return the device expect to make some calls going back and forth and probably not gonna go smoothly as they give 14 days to return it if your past that.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If those trade in devices dont meet the criteria they set and they return the devices back they will charge your card the discount for the trade in you were getting. If for some reason they return your trade ins back and want return the device expect to make some calls going back and forth and probably not gonna go smoothly as they give 14 days to return it if your past that.
I've always wondered the process if trade in was not accepted. I figured you would get charged right away, but was wondering if you could return their phone for a full refund since the deal wasn't able to be completed. Either way, with samsung involved it would be a tiring process to do it.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My trade in for the Flip 3 arrived at Samsung today,. It should take 3-7 business days for a response. I will say that Samsung is hit or miss with trade in acceptance. I traded in my Active Watch 2 when I bought a Galaxy Watch 4, Samsung has had it since 9/7 and I have heard nothing from them. My wife had the same trade in and they rejected it claiming it was not an AW2. After a quick chat with customer support they accepted it. We'll see how this latest trade in goes.
They received my trade in September 9th. I received the approved email September 20th. I contacted them last Friday and they said 2 were approved, nothing on the 3rd one. I said I ended up keeping that one and they said that's probably why it didn't process faster. They said wait till end of Monday and contact if I didn't get the approval and they would do it manually on their side. Got the approval emails yesterday afternoon and of course the charge back email for one I kept.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've always wondered the process if trade in was not accepted. I figured you would get charged right away, but was wondering if you could return their phone for a full refund since the deal wasn't able to be completed. Either way, with samsung involved it would be a tiring process to do it.

Im sure if its in the time frame 14 days or whatever they give but expect a long process with Samsung lol

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I've just been chatting with support and not exactly helpful:

What if the trade-in I'm sending hasn't been evaluated by the end of the 15 days?
Visitor message sent at 11:26 AM:
If my trade isn't accepted I don't want the flip 3
11:26 AM
Operator message sent at 11:27 AM:
The trade in will be returned back to you if not triaged yet.
11:27 AM
Visitor message sent at 11:27 AM:
That isn't really helping to answer my question.
Visitor message sent at 11:28 AM:
What if denial is after the 15 days?
I'm counting on the value and don't want to be charged more
11:28 AM
Operator message sent at 11:30 AM:
I'm sorry, I'm from the Pre Sales Team and we do not handle return inquiries. You can always contact our Order Support through chat (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...2Fus%2Fsupport%2Forder-help%2F&token=MWk529SE) or by calling at 1-855-726-8721 by 8 am to 12 am EST 7 days a week to discuss other options/return extensions available.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

What if the trade-in I'm sending hasn't been evaluated by the end of the 15 days?
I'm sorry, I'm from the Pre Sales Team and we do not handle return inquiries. You can always contact our Order Support through chat (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...2Fus%2Fsupport%2Forder-help%2F&token=hly-0QBJ) or by calling at 1-855-726-8721 by 8 am to 12 am EST 7 days a week to discuss other options/return extensions available.
Now you understand why we say what we say about samsung customer service. It sucks, plain and simple.

Last edited:

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site

I'm sorry, I'm from the Pre Sales Team and we do not handle return inquiries. You can always contact our Order Support through chat (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...2Fus%2Fsupport%2Forder-help%2F&token=i2b0OR1x) or by calling at 1-855-726-8721 by 8 am to 12 am EST 7 days a week to discuss other options/return extensions available.

thanks for posting that number :) had to use it myself.

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I was lucky in that my trade-in went through with no issues unlike the watch trade-ins my wife and I did when we bought the GW4.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I got the first email telling me they had received my trade-in. I have not received confirmation that my trade-in has been accepted. However I got my credit card statement yesterday and they billed me the correct balance after trade-in so I guess it was accepted. I wonder if I'll ever get the confirmation email?

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
@theobject - I've done the same deal for a GW4. They just received my trade-in and the email said 3-7 days before I know if accepted.
@rjack22 - I believe they charge the price less trade-in value. Then if they reject the trade will hit your card again for that value.

jmartin

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Our S20 trade in was received last Wednesday and we received the accepted email yesterday (Monday) so it takes a few days. My fold 3 trade in was a bit quicker.