I'm about 3/4 weeks into my new flip 3, and for the most part I love it. But a week in and it's started randomly freezing, then after a few seconds powers off or restarts. Sometimes it does this a few times in succession. It's now doing it most days, often multiple times. Anyone else having this issue? Is it known or likely I have a faulty handset?

I couldn't find anyone else talking about this via a good search and a scan of this forum and Reddit....

Worrying that it's doing this after a few weeks in, with relatively few apps installed, little memory used etc.

I bought via carphone warehouse. Should I contact them or Samsung?

Thanks!
    09-24-2021 03:59 PM
    I'm about 3/4 weeks into my new flip 3, and for the most part I love it. But a week in and it's started randomly freezing, then after a few seconds powers off or restarts. Sometimes it does this a few times in succession. It's now doing it most days, often multiple times. Anyone else having this issue? Is it known or likely I have a faulty handset?

I couldn't find anyone else talking about this via a good search and a scan of this forum and Reddit....

Worrying that it's doing this after a few weeks in, with relatively few apps installed, little memory used etc.

Thanks!
    I would consider a factory data reset and if that doesn't resolve it I would wonder if it's a particular app you might be using.
    09-24-2021 05:44 PM

Thanks!
    Hi, welcome to AC!
    Try safe mode , possible a 3rd party app
    silverfang77 likes this.
    09-24-2021 08:06 PM
    Hi, welcome to AC!
    Thanks both for the suggestions. I've tried safe mode and it still freezes and restarts, so assuming that rules out an application?
    09-27-2021 11:39 AM
    Thanks both for the suggestions. I've tried safe mode and it still freezes and restarts, so assuming that rules out an application?
    Yeah rules out 3rd party applications , only other suggestion at this point clear cache in recovery, factory reset or wait for the firs update for the fold 3 .
    09-27-2021 11:52 AM
    Hi, welcome to AC!
    Agreed....it's typically the cause!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-16-2021 12:58 PM