I ordered the Galaxy Z Flip 3 on the 14th August and received it on the 20th of August

When I initially enquired by phone as to the pre order situation for the Z Flip 3 I advised Samsung that when I pre ordered the FIRST Galaxy Z Flip early last year there was a 15% discount. Samsung replied that this time with the Z Flip 3 the offer was for a TWO YEAR accidental damage offer.

In the order acknowledgment it was stated that as part of the pre-order deal there is additionally a FREE TWO YEAR accidental damage Insurance via a third party.

i have been awaiting the actual documentation for this ever since the 20th of August and have contacted Samsung several times as to the documentation and each time it was as if Samsung were not aware of this free TWO YEAR accidental damage.

Today I have had to produce proof to Samsung that this was part of the deal.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    09-27-2021 05:21 AM
    I ordered the Galaxy Z Flip 3 on the 14th August and received it on the 20th of August

When I initially enquired by phone as to the pre order situation for the Z Flip 3 I advised Samsung that when I pre ordered the FIRST Galaxy Z Flip early last year there was a 15% discount. Samsung replied that this time with the Z Flip 3 the offer was for a TWO YEAR accidental damage offer.

In the order acknowledgment it was stated that as part of the pre-order deal there is additionally a FREE TWO YEAR accidental damage Insurance via a third party.

i have been awaiting the actual documentation for this ever since the 20th of August and have contacted Samsung several times as to the documentation and each time it was as if Samsung were not aware of this free TWO YEAR accidental damage.

Today I have had to produce proof to Samsung that this was part of the deal.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Only one I seen was 3 year insurance, first 12 months free, monthly fee following next 2 years and cancel anytime. I never seen 2 years free.
    09-27-2021 05:25 AM
    Only one I seen was 3 year insurance, first 12 months free, monthly fee following next 2 years and cancel anytime. I never seen 2 years free.
    Agreed
    09-27-2021 07:00 AM
    My acknowledgement of order contains:-
    Samsung Care+, 2 years accidental damage insurance, underwritten by Allianz Global Assistance Europe.

AWP P&C S.A. - Dutch Branch, trading as Allianz Global Assistance Europe, will email your insurance policy document (also known as your certificate of insurance) when the delivery of the device is confirmed. Please keep these documents safe as they will be required to deal with your requests. You can access and download your terms and conditions. To understand how we manage personal data, please read our privacy policy.
    09-27-2021 08:57 AM
    My acknowledgement of order contains:-
    Samsung Care+, 2 years accidental damage insurance, underwritten by Allianz Global Assistance Europe.

AWP P&C S.A. - Dutch Branch, trading as Allianz Global Assistance Europe, will email your insurance policy document (also known as your certificate of insurance) when the delivery of the device is confirmed. Please keep these documents safe as they will be required to deal with your requests. You can access and download your terms and conditions. To understand how we manage personal data, please read our privacy policy.
    Where are you based?
    09-27-2021 12:43 PM
    Kizzy Catwoman

Based in UK
    09-27-2021 01:04 PM
    I show below part of the acknowledgement for my Z Flip 3

1 x Galaxy Z Flip3 5G

[BOX]PRE-ORDER
    Ships: 27 Aug 2021
    £949.00
    - £50.00
    Additional discounts applied
    1 X FREE 1 year coverage
    SMC-UK-MOB-FLIP-1FOC
    Samsung Care+, 2 years accidental damage insurance, underwritten by Allianz Global Assistance Europe. FREE
    [/BOX]

Samsung claim that this is a two accidental cover but I have to pay for the second year!!!
    There is no mention anywhere about a payment for a second year!

Does anyone out there see this as a FREE TWO year Accidental insurance when you are asked to pay for the second year?

I would ask for an opinion on this as I have spent over seven weeks to get Samsung to clarify this.
    10-17-2021 09:22 AM
    For me it was very well explained on the order that I clicked, 3 years, first year free, cancel anytime.
    10-17-2021 01:25 PM
    For me it was very well explained on the order that I clicked, 3 years, first year free, cancel anytime.
    When you say it was explained, How was it explained as it has taken Samsung seven weeks to give any sort of answer?
    10-17-2021 02:13 PM
    When you say it was explained, How was it explained as it has taken Samsung seven weeks to give any sort of answer?
    Where you selected if you wanted Samsung care. It said 3 years, first year free, $12.99/month after that. Cancel anytime.

That was on my order when selecting the additional things you wanted. Some people forgot to select they wanted it and did not get the free year. They assumed it was automatic and didn't see you had to select it.

Are we takiiyng about the fold 3 and flip 3 orders. Maybe yours was different, I'm in the united States. When I said it was clearly marked for me, I'm saying just that, I'm not saying you're blind or anything, it might have been different for you. So please don't take it the wrong way.
    10-17-2021 03:16 PM
    Sorry - I did not take it the wrong way. Prior to my ordering the Z Flip 3 in August I spoke with a sales person at Samsung and commented on the fact that when I pre-ordered the original Z Flip in May 2020, I qualified for a 15% reduction in the price. I was informed that this time that promotion had been replaced with a two year FREE accident insurance. When I received my acknowledgement for the Z Flip 3 it quite clearly stated this as illustrated in my previous posting.
    f
    In conversations with several Samsung employees since I started asking about this two year free insurance they agreed that the wording did seemingly imply that, but trying to further this has got me nowhere.
    10-17-2021 04:18 PM
    Sorry - I did not take it the wrong way. Prior to my ordering the Z Flip 3 in August I spoke with a sales person at Samsung and commented on the fact that when I pre-ordered the original Z Flip in May 2020, I qualified for a 15% reduction in the price. I was informed that this time that promotion had been replaced with a two year FREE accident insurance. When I received my acknowledgement for the Z Flip 3 it quite clearly stated this as illustrated in my previous posting.
    f
    In conversations with several Samsung employees since I started asking about this two year free insurance they agreed that the wording did seemingly imply that, but trying to further this has got me nowhere.
    Ok, you are dealing with Samsung customer service, and that is a nightmare most of the time. They are notorious for saying one thing and not doing it.
    10-17-2021 04:38 PM
    I am now advised that I have only a one year FREE accidental insurance, does not sound bad does it, but........ they forgot to mention that they charge you first £99.00 of the cost. Non of this spoken of until eight weeks of talking to Samsung!

I shall have to change my thinking on the true meaning of FREE.

FREE - but................................................................
    10-18-2021 09:17 AM