Note 20 Ultra user, should I switch to Flip3?

Poshworld

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
So I've been using my N20 ultra for a while now. I absolutely love the phone and all its features but the size still bums me out. I have petite hands and I've been salivating over the cuteness of the Z Flip3. But I have questions... I've been a lifelong note user and it would suck to give that up but apart from that it just feels like I'll be giving up a lot. Compared to the Note 20 ultra, what's the screen, camera quality and battery life like? I especially watch Netflix on my phone a lot and take loads of pictures. Is it worth it switching over to the Flip?

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
IMO, I would not give up the 20 Ultra for a flip. I traded in the Note 9, just because of age and I never used the pen. Good luck on whatever you do.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
We went out and our server saw my Flip3...

She ask me if she should sell her N20U I said unless you need portability I wouldn't bother. I said I also had the N20U and only upgraded because of the bonuses Samsung gave.

They're shocked when I tell them it's not worth it, WTF did you buy it look. LOL After I tell them the reason why I got it, they understand.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
We went out and our server saw my Flip3...

She ask me if she should sell her N20U I said unless you need portability I wouldn't bother. I said I also had the N20U and only upgraded because of the bonuses Samsung gave.

They're shocked when I tell them it's not worth it, WTF did you buy it look. LOL After I tell them the reason why I got it, they understand.
A ZFlip is not really compareble to a Note20U. A ZFold 3 would be a better comparison.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
A ZFlip is not really compareble to a Note20U. A ZFold 3 would be a better comparison.
I have both. Also have the N20U and the S21 Ultra. Right now I'm loving the portability of the flip 3 and find myself fiddling less with my phone while at work.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The flip 3 when open is just as big as the note 20 U. But it's so much more portable. So if you tired of carrying around a brick in your hand. The z flip is a great replacement. If you don't mind the traditional slab of a phone. Then no, the flip isn't an "upgrade" in any way.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
If you can get by without the spen and live with the smaller battery the Flip3 can work. For me, the smaller package is convenient at present.

Jhstewa016

Jun 12, 2021
Visit site
I'd say keep the note 20... I know of a few people who got the flip and the fold... and they regret trading their notes for them. but that's just me.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion, of portability is an absolute must for you, go Flip. But be aware you'll lose s pen, DEX and a couple of other features. If you don't mind them, it's a no brainer. If you want more features, DEX, s pen and a more work centred approach, I think the Flip won't satisfy you.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
So I've been using my N20 ultra for a while now. I absolutely love the phone and all its features but the size still bums me out. I have petite hands and I've been salivating over the cuteness of the Z Flip3. But I have questions... I've been a lifelong note user and it would suck to give that up but apart from that it just feels like I'll be giving up a lot. Compared to the Note 20 ultra, what's the screen, camera quality and battery life like? I especially watch Netflix on my phone a lot and take loads of pictures. Is it worth it switching over to the Flip?

I made the switch bit honestly wasn't sure and had buyers remorse for a few days.
HOWEVER, I'm glad I made the switch no looking back. I loooooove this phone. It's so compact it finally fits in a front pocket. The battery life is the biggest trade off for using a flip design. Solved it by using a thin and portable QI power bank with QC3.0 and PD.
20-30min charge around 3pmish and I'm good to midnight or later.
I am constantly on the phone,watching utube,music, podcasts etc and my phone so far has never died due to low battery. I'm still at about 60% battery around 3pm despite the smaller battery and long screen time.
The flip 3 with the larger outer display makes the device as you can control quite a few things without opening your flip. You can even view email pictures on the outer display.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
The Note 20 is no match for the Z Flip imo. Z flip 3 is my phone of the year.
That's an interesting perspective. Note-ably less battery. No dust resistance, less RAM (if I'm not mistaken). No S-Pen, and potentially, less storage. The Flip³ does fold in half and that's a neat trick indeed but that would have to be your only priority to say the Note 20 is no match.

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I personally wouldn't give up my Note 20 Ultra for the flip 3. I have both and was supposed to do a trade in my N20U but decided against it.

Battery life is so much better on the N20U. Just doing basic things on the flip 3 I can clearly see the drain.

I think the cameras are pretty comparable minus the front facing on the Flip 3. I would have hoped for a faster shutter on the flip but moving targets are still difficult to catch.

The display is for sure nicer on the Flip 3 compared to my N20U! Everything really pops on this phone where colors seem a bit more muted on my N20U. Size wise I think it takes some adjusting coming for the N20U to the Flip 3. The flip is much more narrow and tall. Holding it while open makes it feel fragile compared to the N20U.

I've also noticed, it could just be my device, but signal strength is much better on my N20U than the flip3 indoors

I absolutely love the portability of my Flip 3 and flipping it open still feels amazing. When I've reached hand fatigue using the note a switch over to my flip 3. If you watch a lot of videos and decide on the flip 3 be prepared to charge frequently.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That's an interesting perspective. Note-ably less battery. No dust resistance, less RAM (if I'm not mistaken). No S-Pen, and potentially, less storage. The Flip³ does fold in half and that's a neat trick indeed but that would have to be your only priority to say the Note 20 is no match.
Exactly....two different vessels.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Apples and oranges. The flip should only be compared with other flips. The flip IS the reason to get it. If a phone that folds in half isn't important to you. Yeah I suggest you look elsewhere for your next upgrade.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Depends on your needs. Nothing you mentioned is anything I need currently. What I do need to compactness and convenience.

I find the Note unwieldy and and a lug to carry around, especially after using the flip.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Depends on your needs. Nothing you mentioned is anything I need currently. What I do need to compactness and convenience.

I find the Note unwieldy and and a lug to carry around, especially after using the flip.
They are just two different devices so it's a matter of buying what you like and need. There are no winners and losers.

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Just me, I don't think my N20U is comparable to the Flip... It could just be me but in my mind I'm thinking it's a downgrade unless you just need it for the size. I'm probably going to buy 2 Folds next year and keep my N20U.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Just me, I don't think my N20U is comparable to the Flip... It could just be me but in my mind I'm thinking it's a downgrade unless you just need it for the size. I'm probably going to buy 2 Folds next year and keep my N20U.
I bought 2 Fold³s this year and still love them both. I love having the larger screens when I want them. I liked the Flip³ for the week I had it but the battery life and lack of dust resistance was a worry for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs