My new flip 3 256g thoughts.

Russel Shouse

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
I had planned on getting the flip3 sometime before the end if the year, but tuesday my girlfriend broke the screen on her note 9. She is on my verizon plan, and said if i gave her my note9 i could get the flip 3.

I went to the verizon store and was able to get the only 256g they had (phantom black) and got 800 dollars trade in for her busted 9.

I bought a UAG case for it but yesterday i traded it for the tech 21 case. The tech 21 looks and feels better to me.. the UAG just made my phone look like a toy.

One of the first things i did while setting it up was turn the screen down from 120 to 60mhz or whatever.. i don't care really about it being 120, even though some reviewers seem to think it's a must.. having the option is nice, but i would rather have the extra battery life.

I really like the phone, i had just set up a fold 3 for a friend of mine so i was kinda familiar with the new UI.

Battery life has been acceptable, i haven't kept track of the stats, but yesterday about 9am i took it from full charge and during the day i made numerous phone calls, text, had it paired w the car (bluetooth, not android auto) to listen to music and used maps for directions a couple of times. I took a few pics at the zoo and by the time i got home around 630pm i was still at 67 percent battery.. which was good enough for me.

Opening and shutting the phone is fun, i love ending the call by just shutting the phone.

The screen looks good, very bright even outside in the sunshine, and the dip where the screen folds is definitely there, but I'm used to it now and when playing games or watching videos i don't even notice it.

I do miss the heart rate sensor, but i guess that's a small trade off.

The fingerprint sensor on the side key works really fast, face recognition works well too.

The camera is as good as my note9 at least, it takes good shots.

The speakers are loud, music sounds good through the speakers and calls are plenty loud on speaker.

I love the cover screen, hopefully in the future it will add capabilities, but it is very convenient to answer calls or check notifications.

Over all I'm happy w the flip 3, I'm still learning a few tricks, but as a daily phone it is good enough for me.. I'm not hard on my phones, but being able to fold it in half just seems to add a little bit of security, and it fits well in my pockets.. I'm not a skinny jeans person, so it rides comfortably in my front pocket.

I know this isn't a technical review, just a quick review saying as a daily phone it works great, i had to trade a couple of features but I'm ok with that.

Oh yeah, i use the first gen samsung flat fast charger and it charges quickly and the UAG and Tech 21 cases don't hinder the charging.

LMyers4371

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Consumers should beware, my ZFlip fold developed bubbles underneath the screen less than 6 months of owning the phone. The warranty locations don't carry parts to replace the screen and Samsung will require you to be without the phone for 2 - 3 weeks while they attempt to repair the phone.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Consumers should beware, my ZFlip fold developed bubbles underneath the screen less than 6 months of owning the phone. The warranty locations don't carry parts to replace the screen and Samsung will require you to be without the phone for 2 - 3 weeks while they attempt to repair the phone.

Well hopefully each iteration improves upon the last. But thanks for the warning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37