replacement screen protector

Russel Shouse

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Has any one bought a replacement yet? Mine ths the crack in the fold, but i don't want to until i get one.
I've looked on amazon but but I'm leary, so anyone who has bought a good replacement let me know. Thanks.

I don't know how easily this type of screen will scratch, so i hate to use it naked, if anyone has let me know how it's holding up.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Take a look at Dome protector as that's what most are doing on Fold³

WHITESTONE DOME GLASS [1SET 4PCS] for Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Premium Film Screen Protector Anti-Shock,HD Clear,Self Healing EPU Film for Galaxy Z Flip 3 https://a.co/d/bhpneVH

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I just paid 40 dollars yesterday getting mine replaced at Ubreakifix. The technician did a great job looks just like new.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I know it's been a while, could you give us some info on that?
They replaced it with the original one. Told me it would take about 4-6 hours, but it only took 1. The screen protector looked exactly like the one that came with the phone. Now I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or not but 2 weeks after getting the protector replaced my screen would shut off after closing the phone. Luckily it was still under warranty and ubreakifix replaced the body/ outside housing. This all happened in June.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
They replaced it with the original one. Told me it would take about 4-6 hours, but it only took 1. The screen protector looked exactly like the one that came with the phone. Now I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or not but 2 weeks after getting the protector replaced my screen would shut off after closing the phone. Luckily it was still under warranty and ubreakifix replaced the body/ outside housing. This all happened in June.

Wow that's good to know, thanks for giving us more info :) I've heard the screen protector on the Flip (and Fold) are harder to replace, and some shops end up damaging the paper thin screen... especially if they're rushing. I'm glad you got it fixed :)

I think finding the right shop is important... I know I'm going to be picky when I get mine replaced ;)

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Which Brand?
Hi there, Any news on the best brand to install ??

I took off the original after 1 year of usage since it had cracked along the entire bend area.

I must say that it came off quite easily without damaging or excessive pulling. So really can't see how pulling it off carefully would create any damage. Kinda cool using the screen naked as it feels closer to glass than the original factory installed screen protector. Ordering the Whitestone Dome as a replacement but liking the feel without it until I receive it.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi there, Any news on the best brand to install ??

I took off the original after 1 year of usage since it had cracked along the entire bend area.

I must say that it came off quite easily without damaging or excessive pulling. So can't see how pulling it off would create any damage. Kinda cool using the screen naked as it feels closer to glass than the original factory installed screen protector.
Hi, you want use protector on these devices
I just ordered this, looks like a decent replacement. Thanks for sharing this info.
White Stone Done is pretty solid choice and my personal favorite. Your welcome!

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I just paid 40 dollars yesterday getting mine replaced at Ubreakifix. The technician did a great job looks just like new.

Was the whole screen replaced or is there a "screen protector" that is actually cracking? I just noticed this morning that I have a crack starting in the fold.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Has any one bought a replacement yet? Mine ths the crack in the fold, but i don't want to until i get one.
I've looked on amazon but but I'm leary, so anyone who has bought a good replacement let me know. Thanks.

I don't know how easily this type of screen will scratch, so i hate to use it naked, if anyone has let me know how it's holding up.

I had to send it back to Samsung for a free replacement!

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I had to send it back to Samsung for a free replacement!

To each their own, but I too had no worries using my Flip 3 without the pre-installed screen protector. Lasted a few weeks until I installed my replacement Whitestone Dome screen protector.

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I just took my flip 3 to UbreakIfix to have my original screen protector replaced. I've been using it for about 18 months with the crack starting about 3 months ago. It took a bit more than 3 hours to have it replaced and it was no charge! The tech said it was replaced under warranty. Very surprising to me since I didn't buy an extended warranty. Very happy and it looks like new!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC