Flip 4 pre-order

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered the Flip 4!! Couldn't resist the $900 trade-in!!! There were enough improvements to make this a no-brainer for me. Ordered the Artic Blue 256gb! Also ordered the Galaxy Watch 5. Can't wait!

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I didn't quite get nearly as much as a trade in as you did but ordered the 256gb in blue also. My first flip smart phone and definitely very excited!

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Its hard to really tell the shade of blue from pictures on the internet. I am hoping when it comes it is a nice light shade of blue. When I ordered my Flip 3 I couldn't at that time order it in the 2566gb size and get purple. Besides my prior phone, a S21 was in purple. So I got white. I am really excited about the blue as blue is my favorite color! Never had a blue phone before except by putting a blue cover on it. I'm excited.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Its hard to really tell the shade of blue from pictures on the internet. I am hoping when it comes it is a nice light shade of blue. When I ordered my Flip 3 I couldn't at that time order it in the 2566gb size and get purple. Besides my prior phone, a S21 was in purple. So I got white. I am really excited about the blue as blue is my favorite color! Never had a blue phone before except by putting a blue cover on it. I'm excited.
I had a dark blue S8 before which I really liked so I'm definitely excited and they say the blue on the flip 4 is like a sky blue. I'm getting a clear case for mine so you can see the color of the phone.

What was it like going from the S21 to the flip 3? I'll actually be transferring from an S21 phone. How has your flip 3 held up? I heard it will come with a pre-installed screen protector but would like to get one for the outside screen. How is the screen protector on your flip 3 after usage?

Two_Scoops

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
Trading in Z Flip 3 for the 4 Bespoke Edition custom: navy front, white back, silver frame

c7b0a50e6afd0e3b2b2ceeb0dcef522b.jpg

Last edited:

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
My Flip 3 has held up very well. I do not have any extra screen protectors on either screen and its been just fine. I have always liked flip phones so when I went from the S21 to the Flip Z it was all good. I never looked back. I use my Flip 3 at the grocery store every week to scan my groceries. Lots and lots of opening and closing. No problems at all! I think you are going to love it!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow, what a fabulous deal you got, and what a beautiful colour, to boot! PLEASE post pictures of your tech bounty when it arrives! Congratulations!

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

It looks like a nice shade of light blue, from the first look videos I've seen. This video should give you a decent idea of what the blue should look like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl1eBI8xtbw&t=165s

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
My bespoke edition pre order now says it will ship in 5 weeks. So I cancelled the olive green with black sides and went with the blue. I just can't see waiting until Sept. Especially since I will be using a case when out and about. So color really isn't all that important anyway.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
It's the same shade as the Sierra blue that Apple has on their 13 pro. Looks really good and subtle in person.20220811_121439.jpg

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
My bespoke edition pre order now says it will ship in 5 weeks. So I cancelled the olive green with black sides and went with the blue. I just can't see waiting until Sept. Especially since I will be using a case when out and about. So color really isn't all that important anyway.

Off the rack? How frightfully pedestrian!

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The pictures (here and other places) make the watch look like a light lavender on the computer screen and not blue. I am sure that is will be truly blue in person. As to the shade of blue. I am pleased with the lighter blue color! Phones in the past that were "blue" were a dark blue. This is the first time that I have seen a light blue color so I'll take it! One of my favorite cases is in fact a baby blue an I love it. And if for some reason I don't like the shade of blue I can always get a light blue cover. With the frame blue it will look nice.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The watch comes in silver with a purple band. The shappire one is definitely blue with a blue band and as stated the regular blue is like the iPhones Sierra blue which is like a sky blue/baby blue.

Two_Scoops

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
Just FYI, Samsung.com USA has updated the trade-in values for Flip 3 devices for Flip 4 pre-orders:

Pre-orders from Aug 10 to Aug 14, you could trade any Flip 3 storage size in for $900 trade-in credit - now, it's $900 for Flip 3 256 and $700 for Flip 3 128.

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 3.53.52 PM.png

Last edited: