Battery Drain Test

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
What I'm curious about is if it is possible to reduce the screen resolution. I don't see anything online, but that doesn't mean that won't be possible. I know a lot of people have reduced the resolution on the S22 Ultra for more battery life. I haven't, and it hasn't been a problem for me. I'm sure the Fold 4 and Flip 4 will have those features, since it would make sense they're included.

The other thing I'm curious about is how the screen brightness in nits affects the battery life of all the devices in his video. Of all the Android devices in the video, the Flip 4 has the lowest brightness, followed by the Fold 4. The Xiaomi 12 is close. Both the OnePlus 10 Pro and the S22 Ultra have much higher screen brightness.

The Fold 4 has the same screen brightness as the iPhone 13 Pro Max, but iPhones always have great battery life. Apple could probably double the screen brightness and still have the best battery life. ??????

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Not too surprised. I disabled some things on my flip 3 like always on fps and I'm getting really reasonable battery life on my flip 3. Glad to see the 4 is holding up better, but wasn't too surprised with the bigger battery. This does get me more excited to try it for myself though.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
What I'm curious about is if it is possible to reduce the screen resolution. I don't see anything online, but that doesn't mean that won't be possible. I know a lot of people have reduced the resolution on the S22 Ultra for more battery life. I haven't, and it hasn't been a problem for me. I'm sure the Fold 4 and Flip 4 will have those features, since it would make sense they're included.

The other thing I'm curious about is how the screen brightness in nits affects the battery life of all the devices in his video. Of all the Android devices in the video, the Flip 4 has the lowest brightness, followed by the Fold 4. The Xiaomi 12 is close. Both the OnePlus 10 Pro and the S22 Ultra have much higher screen brightness.

The Fold 4 has the same screen brightness as the iPhone 13 Pro Max, but iPhones always have great battery life. Apple could probably double the screen brightness and still have the best battery life. ������
I always hear how good the iPhone battery life, but yet in the real world I always see people constantly charging their phone and always have it in low power mode

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I always hear how good the iPhone battery life, but yet in the real world I always see people constantly charging their phone and always have it in low power mode

It was only the recent 13 max model that got the superb battery performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49