Beta 4 & Black n White Screen

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Today when I opened my phone had a black and white screen. No color! I rebooted and it came up in color but reverted back to black and white within a few seconds.

I've already turned in a report on the beta forums (a long with a log), I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked your 'Modes and Routines' section? Something must be triggering the 'Sleep' one (it used to be Bedtime mode, but I think that went away with the latest OS version). May also be a trigger on the Battery Saving options if you have it set to not display colors.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I found the problem in the Digital Well Being and Parental Controls section of Settings. Bedtime mode had been turned on and triggered.

I have NEVER even gone in there or turned anything on. Something in beta 4 seems to have activated it and something triggered it on this morning.

I did file feedback along with a log so I'll be anxious to see if I hear anything back from the beta developer group. I'm also anxious to see iff this happens to anyone else. I know I'm not the first as a search on duckduckgo came up with an article on the problem and the solution.