New Z Flip 5G model preorders start July 22nd. Is it enough?

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
As title states the new 5g model goes on pre-sale tomorrow, but it's being reported as the only change. Is this enough to warrant the same price tag as the original? I myself was hoping they would increase the front screen. Curious what everyone else thinks.

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Looks like it is more expensive than the original. I have the original and will be keeping it, the 5G doesn't really help me, not much in my area yet, and am waiting for the Fold 2 instead. Love the Z Flip though.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yea on a brighter note (no pun intended) they upgraded the chipset and it will no be available for T-Mobile so that's progress.
Looks like it is more expensive than the original. I have the original and will be keeping it, the 5G doesn't really help me, not much in my area yet, and am waiting for the Fold 2 instead. Love the Z Flip though.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site

I’m also waiting for the food 2. My current phone is a galaxy s6. The flip seems just too long for me and no real advantage over a regular galaxy phone.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The only limitation the z flip 5g has IMHO is that it doesn’t support high band or I would have bought it.

The Z flip has less internal space thanks to the flip, which affects the ability to offer mmWave since there's less physical space for the extra antennas. MmWave is also hell on batteries, and the Z fold already has a small battery for it's display size.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
The Z flip has less internal space thanks to the flip, which affects the ability to offer mmWave since there's less physical space for the extra antennas. MmWave is also hell on batteries, and the Z fold already has a small battery for it's display size.

Than like I said. It’s doomed to fail anyway. I’m buying the Z Fold 2 5g etc instead. I’m in love with that big screen! And I can’t wait to use it to test out some Verizon 5g towers in my area. BUT as I think about it, do you think it will support Verizon’s low band? I’m having this nagging feeling only the iPhone 12 will support a lot more.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Than like I said. It’s doomed to fail anyway. I’m buying the Z Fold 2 5g etc instead. I’m in love with that big screen! And I can’t wait to use it to test out some Verizon 5g towers in my area. BUT as I think about it, do you think it will support Verizon’s low band? I’m having this nagging feeling only the iPhone 12 will support a lot more.

The modem does so I would imagine so.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
The modem does so I would imagine so.

I’d like to apologize for not understanding sub6 to include mid band. I always thought they were different probably how others have talked about it. So I may consider the flip 5g on Verizon and maybe not the note 20 ultra which seems as long or longer than the s20 ultra I used to have. And the only thing that might turn me away from getting/keeping the fold 2 is how slim and tall it is when closed but opening it up might make up for it all

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante