Samsung Z Flip 1 "Boot Loop"

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Thanks so much for the add into the group! I am in desperate need of some help. I am a reasonably techie person, as well as my partner. We are stumped and are hoping someone else has faced/solved this problem.

Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 1 - international version.
It is stuck in a "boot loop", but not really.
When plugged in, it goes right to the Sansung logo, then nothing. Will stay this way for days.
When it is unplugged, it dies instantly.
I cannot get into the factory reset menu. I can only access the download mode.
I have flashed the phone using Odin with the appropriate firmware, with absolutely no luck.

None of my local tech shops can even keep up with this, so I'm looking outward to my super advanced tech folk! TIA!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The fact that it dies instantly as soon as you unplug it suggests a failed battery. Plug it into a wall outlet and let it charge undisturbed for at least 6 hours. Then press and hold Power for about 30 seconds. Does the same thing happen?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

MNMobileGuy

Banned
Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much for the add into the group! I am in desperate need of some help. I am a reasonably techie person, as well as my partner. We are stumped and are hoping someone else has faced/solved this problem.

Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 1 - international version.
It is stuck in a "boot loop", but not really.
When plugged in, it goes right to the Sansung logo, then nothing. Will stay this way for days.
When it is unplugged, it dies instantly.
I cannot get into the factory reset menu. I can only access the download mode.
I have flashed the phone using Odin with the appropriate firmware, with absolutely no luck.

None of my local tech shops can even keep up with this, so I'm looking outward to my super advanced tech folk! TIA!
If you've done a full firmware flash via Download mode (and also assuming that you used the regular CSC, not HOME) and it still does the same thing, then it's likely a motherboard/storage chip failure. Not much else you can do in that case but to replace it

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I agree with Mobileguy

Try once more to flash just to be sure wasn't flash issue , use frija firmware tool.. sometimes from other places firmware can create that issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol