With all the issues surrounding the Galaxy Fold and the Motorola RAZR, are any of you even interested in the Galaxy Z Flip? I know foldables are new and all and there's bound to be bumps in the road but it seems with each new one released, more and more issues crop up and give way to the feeling that they're just not ready yet and folks need to go back to the drawing board and REALLY figure this stuff out.
    mustang7757 and swarlos like this.
    02-10-2020 02:29 PM
    No interest at this point .
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-10-2020 02:30 PM
    No interest at this point .
    I keep seeing the commercial and I like the purple one I think it's pretty cool but I'm not going to get it. I'm fine with my S10 Plus and I don't have the money. But I'd like to play around with one in person. Now I have Verizon they're not getting it anyway but would an unlocked one work? Not that I'm getting it I'm just curious.
    02-10-2020 05:35 PM
    I'm definitely waiting on these type phones till specs are up to par
    02-10-2020 05:53 PM
    I keep seeing the commercial and I like the purple one I think it's pretty cool but I'm not going to get it. I'm fine with my S10 Plus and I don't have the money. But I'd like to play around with one in person. Now I have Verizon they're not getting it anyway but would an unlocked one work? Not that I'm getting it I'm just curious.
    Yeah like to see when people get hands on , but really have no interest in a phone right now , I'm dealing with the plenty i have already
    Edit: but any folds I have no interest at the moment
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-10-2020 06:00 PM
    Yes be getting the black at 1380 ordering friday.
    02-11-2020 02:19 PM
    There's no nostalgia.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-11-2020 02:42 PM
    No interest for me.....I prefer a normal slab device. Besides my preference there are no moving parts on a slab.
    BergerKing and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-11-2020 03:21 PM
    With all the issues surrounding the Galaxy Fold and the Motorola RAZR, are any of you even interested in the Galaxy Z Flip? I know foldables are new and all and there's bound to be bumps in the road but it seems with each new one released, more and more issues crop up and give way to the feeling that they're just not ready yet and folks need to go back to the drawing board and REALLY figure this stuff out.
    What particular issues on the RAZR concern you ? I know the ones of concern (at least to me) on the Galaxy fold.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-11-2020 05:55 PM
    02-11-2020 06:11 PM
    It looks a hell of a lot better than the new Razr! Looks like the screen is glass and the fit and finish is much better. The price is out of line unless they have a trade in that worth the trade. Pricing is getting way out of hand for smartphone anymore who can afford to pay these prices every year plus the value drops as fast as cars do.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    02-11-2020 08:52 PM
    Given how ugly they made it, no. Now if they could get those specs into the RAZR, then I would be interested.
    02-12-2020 02:53 AM
    Not yet. I like the idea, but I think they're still in the figuring things out stage. I kinda feel like companies would be better off just giving them away or selling them at cost to a handful of trusted partners at this point. There are still too many compromises to make them viable at this point.
    02-12-2020 10:10 AM
    What particular issues on the RAZR concern you ? I know the ones of concern (at least to me) on the Galaxy fold.
    Not so great camera and battery life. The crunchy, creaky, susceptible to dirt and dust hinge. That plastic display vs. glass on the Galaxy Flip.
    02-12-2020 11:40 AM
    I'm definitely waiting on it .. also would like to see larger external screen like Razr on the flip version ..
    02-12-2020 11:44 AM
    Maybe the next version. Its too thick closed. No 5G and old CPU. Not worth it, unless you have money to burn. lol
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    02-12-2020 11:59 AM
    i'm interested in it to the extent that i would love to see how far this Z flip can bring the smartphone industry forward. if it was down to me buying the phone to use, then no, i am not really interested in it as a personal phone to have. i just think the "foldables" aren't there yet to make me spend such cash on a device, that honestly, no matter how many thousands of times Samsung says it can close, the hinge is going to be my biggest concern. watching all the hands on vids so far, and everyone is comparing it to the newest RAZR phone, as its the closest to same form factor, and everyone is giving the Z flip the edge over the RAZR.
    i do agree with some people in that the display screen when the Z is closed could have been a bit bigger. to show more stuff or to be used to do more things. and the fact that a new phone is not coming with the newest chips are also disappointing. but samsung has learned from the Fold, and are moving (in my opinion) in the right direction when it comes to phones that can fold. looking forward to seeing what their 3rd foldable will be capable of.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    02-12-2020 01:18 PM
    I keep reading about it I just think it's cute and I like the purple but there's no 5G and I would rather have the s20 Plus or ultra to be honest. I see where the S10 plus is going for 600 which is what I got for my 9 plus when I got the 10 plus. But I had gift cards also to Best Buy. I ended up paying $272 for this phone. But the Z flip is too expensive and it's not even 5 G but I still like it.
    02-12-2020 08:59 PM
    Ordered just after the launch livestream, yeah it's gimmicky but it's also something different in the current climate of very samey handsets.
    The screen and hinge are a slight concern but i'm hoping this second iteration will be more robust than the Fold. My main worry is performance, i had the Note10 for a few days and it was dreadful (Exynos variant as i'm in the UK). Hoping that the 855+ will get past this (currently have a Xperia5 with 855 and it's slick enough for me).
    Hopefully will arrive tomorrow as expected but Samsung website is now quoting 29th Feb delivery!
    02-13-2020 04:47 AM
    If I was in the market for a new phone, I would definitely consider it.
    02-13-2020 05:11 AM
    Pre-ordered it the day after the unpacked event after watching multiple hands-on reviews. I'm on the Galaxy Forever program with Sprint, so I was planning to do my annual upgrade to the Galaxy S20 this year until they finally announced the product at unpacked. The generation bump to S20 just isn't doing it for me this time around, and while the Z Flip is very expensive, it actually feels like something new. I've read several folks crapping on the specs, but considering that they basically match the current S10 specs, I have no complaints in that regard; particularity on the 5G front as I very much doubt I;ll be seeing that in my area for at least a couple of years.
    02-14-2020 08:58 AM
    This interests me more then the fold, but it's first generation again with folding glass. I think I'll wait for second generation and from comment above doesn't look like Verizon is getting it anyway.

I'm thinking about the S20+ at the moment. I have the note 10+, I actually have 2 of them. I only need one, and the trade in plus best buy's deal, I can get one for $300. That's hard to pass up, and then you throw in $200 Samsung gift card promo. I would even consider doing that with this fold, why isn't Verizon carrying this?
    02-15-2020 08:28 AM
    I would love one. but I work in construction and I don't think massive amounts of sawdust would do it any good
    02-15-2020 01:56 PM
    I have an S10 now but i think my next upgrade is going to be a flip
    02-16-2020 11:47 AM
    I think it’s pretty cool tech but I doubt I’d ever pay that much for a phone. That, and it’s Samsung whom I am not a fan of.
    Did you all catch the CNET drop test? From 3 feet to concrete and completely shattered the outside glass. I get the wireless charging craze but I don’t need it. I wish metal backed phones were more of an option.
    02-16-2020 12:35 PM
50 12