On Reddit they are saying the z3 can't be activated until Friday? Samsung has to upgrade the carriers.
    Hoping mine will activate when I get it tomorrow.
    08-25-2021 11:29 PM
    On Reddit they are saying the z3 can't be activated until Friday? Samsung has to upgrade the carriers.
    Hoping mine will activate when I get it tomorrow.
    I know people using them right now. Are you referring to activation with a new SIM?
    08-25-2021 11:44 PM
    Maybe that's what they meant. I will be using the existing, so hoping it's just for new ones.
    08-25-2021 11:52 PM
    it'll be activated. I'm using mine now from Tmobile. By far the best on the market until the fold 4
    bkdodger2 likes this.
    08-26-2021 12:07 AM
    Maybe that's what they meant. I will be using the existing, so hoping it's just for new ones.
    It's still weird because I've never heard of that happening before. I guess anything is possible. If I had to guess could be an IMEI issue with a specific carriers I suppose but we really don't know unless we hear more.
    Catman51 likes this.
    08-26-2021 12:10 AM
    mine is working just fine
    08-26-2021 06:16 AM
    Mine is working fine but i got an email from verizon saying they detected a new sim and when i try to activate and enter the imei and sim id, its already there. so maybe tomorrow it will clear up?
    08-26-2021 08:49 AM
    Mine is working fine but i got an email from verizon saying they detected a new sim and when i try to activate and enter the imei and sim id, its already there. so maybe tomorrow it will clear up?
    Thats been happening lately on Verizon whenever I swap phones. I don't believe you actually have to do anything.
    08-26-2021 08:52 AM
    Thats been happening lately on Verizon whenever I swap phones. I don't believe you actually have to do anything.
    Thanks!
    08-26-2021 08:53 AM
    Swapped the SIM from ZF2 and since that's a first in all the years of Smart Phones without calling, asking, or going onto VZ's website... it just worked! Since mine is the unlocked version (non-carrier specific), was surprised it worked so easy.
    Received the same email from VZ too. And when i looked at my account online, all was there.
    Do you folks with VZ and factory unlocked devices have a blank picture of your phone too? When i activated the ZF2 last year it was the same thing as this year, generic non-picture of this Device! Had to even re-nickname it. Oh Well...
    Good Luck! Peace
    08-26-2021 01:43 PM
    It's still weird because I've never heard of that happening before. I guess anything is possible. If I had to guess could be an IMEI issue with a specific carriers I suppose but we really don't know unless we hear more.
    The issue that was discussed on Reddit was specific to some one who had previously sprint sim and tried to use that in Z Fold 3. It’s more of a special case scenario for sprint T-Mobile migration or something like that. Majority of us will not have that issue
    bojackr1 likes this.
    08-26-2021 04:48 PM
    Thanks!
    Actually the message I received today when I swap Sims was just a notification to the account that the SIM had been changed into a different device And they wanted an acknowledgment to confirm but I actually didn't bother
    08-26-2021 07:39 PM
    I'm having this issue at this very moment, I'm in chat with a Sprint CSR.
    08-26-2021 09:00 PM
    Seems to be Sprint/TMobile only. I'm with TMobile and had no problem
    ginuwine1981 likes this.
    08-26-2021 10:02 PM
    I'm with AT&T and I've only had to contact them once when swapping a sim, that was when I needed to get a nano sim for my Moto X Pure Edition, I'm still using that same sim no issues. These have all been unlocked phones.
    08-27-2021 03:05 AM