10-15-2021 12:05 PM
28 12
tools
    So I'm a long time iPhone user and I've been getting a little bored lately. Heard a out the fold when it first came out and the problems. Thought I'd never get that. Well after watching reviews and some research, I added a line to my Verizon account and here I am. It's not my daily device...... yet. I work in real estate so the screen size when opened alleviates having to carry around a laptop. Gonna use as a secondary line for a little while but possible it could become my primary device.
    08-28-2021 07:53 AM
    I'm happy to hear it... I think the Fold ticks plenty of the boxes.. It's my go to phone over my iPhone.. I have two lines and I carry both phones daily and I'm always using my Fold...
    08-28-2021 08:08 AM
    I'm happy to hear it... I think the Fold ticks plenty of the boxes.. It's my go to phone over my iPhone.. I have two lines and I carry both phones daily and I'm always using my Fold...
    Nice! So the fold is more of your go to. I can kind of see why. I almost feel like Apple has some work to do. Lol
    smooches680 likes this.
    08-28-2021 08:14 AM
    Nice! So the fold is more of your go to. I can kind of see why. I almost feel like Apple has some work to do. Lol
    Yes I've always had that Android love for phones.. My iPhone is strickly text messages.. FaceTime and job calls.. I do take pics and vids with both phones...
    smooches680 likes this.
    08-28-2021 08:17 AM
    Loving mine so far.

I am trying to decide if I can sell the tab S7+ and just use this for my tablets needs. Sitting on couch reading forms, Twitter and Tik Tok

Battery life is not great coming from a Note 20 Ultra and using my tablet at night but it is early and 2 days of seeing up and such.
    08-28-2021 10:15 AM
    No major complaints and liking it so far but also in the honeymoon phase so I'll give the emotions of the new shiny toy to settle down first

I'll see how I feel about this in a few weeks after using it more regularly every day.
    smooches680 likes this.
    08-28-2021 11:47 AM
    No major complaints and liking it so far but also in the honeymoon phase so I'll give the emotions of the new shiny toy to settle down first

I'll see how I feel about this in a few weeks after using it more regularly every day.
    Yeah I'm in the same boat. So far no issues. Used it on a job today, noticed a little lag last night after setup.
    bhatech likes this.
    08-28-2021 12:17 PM
    As I am sitting here setting up the device, man I am stoke how good it feel in my hands. Indeed an amazing device.
    08-28-2021 12:24 PM
    Really is an amazing bit of kit. I'm coming the fold 2, and even though the changes are small, they add up to a lot! The water resistance, and un interrupted screen are fantastic
    Adawg1203, bhatech and smooches680 like this.
    08-28-2021 12:35 PM
    So glad you are loving it! What are you using as your main device? Let us know your other experiences with the Fold 3 too - how's the camera, battery life, and speed/performance?
    08-28-2021 01:47 PM
    So glad you are loving it! What are you using as your main device? Let us know your other experiences with the Fold 3 too - how's the camera, battery life, and speed/performance?
    My main device has been an iPhone 12 pro max. Still use it for personal. Used the fold for work today and it's been good. Camera is OK. Have a wireless charger in my car so can't say much about battery life.
    smooches680 likes this.
    08-28-2021 02:38 PM
    will have to return it if this battery doesn't get improved somehow in the next week. It is like 4 hours. And if i have to charge it 3 times a day, it will only get worse over time.
    smooches680 likes this.
    08-28-2021 07:34 PM
    will have to return it if this battery doesn't get improved somehow in the next week. It is like 4 hours. And if i have to charge it 3 times a day, it will only get worse over time.
    I have noticed the battery drains a little faster than I'd like. I'm hoping that it's still getting optimized.
    smooches680 likes this.
    08-28-2021 08:26 PM
    I have noticed the battery drains a little faster than I'd like. I'm hoping that it's still getting optimized.
    Also i used the "acubattery" app(idk how trustworthy it is) but it says i already lost 7% of its OVERALL battery health.
    my note ultra 20, i had for ONE YEAR, lost only 4% it said. i'm very worried.
    08-28-2021 09:11 PM
    So I've been using the service since Friday and been using it as a primary. I love the screen when unfolded, not to crazy about the picture quality, not impressed with the battery life. I just think with a phone of this price point, battery should be better. Right now I'm on the fence about keeping it. Also tried Samsung pay 3 times and kept getting errors. I use apple pay a lot so this was frustrating.
    08-30-2021 01:40 PM
    So I've been using the service since Friday and been using it as a primary. I love the screen when unfolded, not to crazy about the picture quality, not impressed with the battery life. I just think with a phone of this price point, battery should be better. Right now I'm on the fence about keeping it. Also tried Samsung pay 3 times and kept getting errors. I use apple pay a lot so this was frustrating.
    Try Google pay to see if it works better. Yeah expensive tag is more due to the foldable tech and not having much competition in the space. They are iterating fast every year and getting better, I think in a gen or two they probably will be on par in terms of feature and quality in all areas compared to the regular slab flagship smartphone.
    08-30-2021 02:00 PM
    I had an issue with authenticating USAA cards and Samsung pay in this device, none of my other had this issue.

Google pay went quick, never really used it much before so we will see. But no MST and rewards on Samsung pay are pretty much gone, so I might as well switch over now.
    08-30-2021 03:37 PM
    I had an issue with authenticating USAA cards and Samsung pay in this device, none of my other had this issue.

Google pay went quick, never really used it much before so we will see. But no MST and rewards on Samsung pay are pretty much gone, so I might as well switch over now.
    I never used Google pay but may consider. I reached out to Samsung but they weren't much help. Lol
    08-30-2021 04:29 PM
    It's only been a few hours for me and I'm loving the device. I moved from the note 10plus star wars edition so not parting ways with that.

I get attached to my devices but this brings a smile to my face. I think Samsung did a great job!!
    08-31-2021 05:10 PM
    do you think the screen will handle heavy s-pen usage?
    smooches680 likes this.
    08-31-2021 09:39 PM
    I haven't tried an a-pen on it yet but seems like it should.
    smooches680 likes this.
    08-31-2021 09:46 PM
    It should , they made the pens for it .
    08-31-2021 09:49 PM
    I've used it and haven't noticed any impact on the screen. I would imagine if you constantly press too hard you might have some issues
    08-31-2021 09:51 PM
    Yeah Google Pay is faster and you just half to unlock your phone for it to work on any screen.
    09-02-2021 08:30 PM
    I decided to return the device. Loved the screen unfolded, the camera was decent. The deal killer for me was call quality. I had a hard time hearing people and I’m wondering if it was the placement of the earpiece. Maybe I’ll give it another chance when the price comes down.
    09-04-2021 03:25 PM
28 12