Ok. Have a delimma.

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Got the ZF3. It's pretty sweet. Use the front screen a good bit, love it folded out.

But here's the thing. My job is pretty dusty. It's pretty much excess "film", but really my company makes screens for phones, lcd monitors, etc.

When the edges of that plastic is cut, excess comes to my department and recycled.

So those flakes are everywhere. I do have a locker I keep the phone in. But still seems even when not at work, putting the phone in pockets and taking it out, unfolding it, dust all on the screen.

Now, should I worry? I'm scared it's going to get in the hinges and cause damage.

Thinking about returning it due to those issues really. And I'll say one more thing, the reflections on the screen is worse than on my note 20. Glare everywhere.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If you work in dusty conditions it may not be good for you , its rated for water resistant but not dust unless they make a fully encased case .

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Got the ZF3. It's pretty sweet. Use the front screen a good bit, love it folded out.

But here's the thing. My job is pretty dusty. It's pretty much excess "film", but really my company makes screens for phones, lcd monitors, etc.

When the edges of that plastic is cut, excess comes to my department and recycled.

So those flakes are everywhere. I do have a locker I keep the phone in. But still seems even when not at work, putting the phone in pockets and taking it out, unfolding it, dust all on the screen.

Now, should I worry? I'm scared it's going to get in the hinges and cause damage.

Thinking about returning it due to those issues really. And I'll say one more thing, the reflections on the screen is worse than on my note 20. Glare everywhere.
It sounds like your looking for a reason to return the phone. You don't need a reason, just return it. It's been clear from the beginning from Samsung that the fold 3 is not dust resistant, so you probably should not have ordered one. I have not had the glare issues you're having between the 2 phones either.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

If you're going to keep the phone get insurance, if you don't have it. But you may want to consider a phone with dust resistance. I feel ya.

willanaya

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
You and try one of those under water cases paired with a smart watch so you can see who is calling or texting without taking the phone out

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like your looking for a reason to return the phone. You don't need a reason, just return it. It's been clear from the beginning from Samsung that the fold 3 is not dust resistant, so you probably should not have ordered one. I have not had the glare issues you're having between the 2 phones either.
Looking for a reason? No. This is a new job, when I ordered it I had not been placed in a department yet.

Knew it wasn't dust resistant, that's why I made the post. Would hate to keep it passed the return window and 8 months later, something happen due to the dust that isn't covered.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Looking for a reason? No. This is a new job, when I ordered it I had not been placed in a department yet.

Knew it wasn't dust resistant, that's why I made the post. Would hate to keep it passed the return window and 8 months later, something happen due to the dust that isn't covered.
So if you can afford it get a second phone, pixel 5a or something, and use that for your work phone then use your fold when your not at work if you are going to keep it. This is what I would do anyways. Just my 2 cents.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
So if you can afford it get a second phone, pixel 5a or something, and use that for your work phone then use your fold when your not at work if you are going to keep it. This is what I would do anyways. Just my 2 cents.
^^^^This. I was getting ready to suggest that. I did this but I took it too far. You don't have to get anything expensive either. You could get a One Plus Nord 200 ~$220 or Moto Ace 5G for a little more (there's a lot of low cost devices out there I found). Point is, it's not a bad idea to have lowish cost 2nd device for the scenarios when you don't want to risk your expensive primary.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

That's a really good idea! I was also going to suggest putting it in an airtight bag or something, in a locker.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

You have reasons, which you don't need. I'll take back that you should not have ordered since it's a new job. The phone will never be dust resistant and your job is never going to be friendly to this phone.

I would suggest also if you can afford it to get a second phone for work. The only caution I have on that is your pant pockets are always going to be filled with that dust material from work. You would almost have to have just work clothes also. To me this is such a great phone I would find ways to make it work. I would suggest that spiegen case that has the hinge protector also. Adds a lot of bulk, but for at work might be necessary.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang