Google Message (RCS Enable on all One UI 3.1.1)

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Ok, my ATT is taking sweet time to connect. Finally connected after reboot. Upon testing, i'm not being able to see other side typing or read indication. Is there something else i need to install?

You have to remember it only works with other people who also have RCS installed. It will say "chat" instead of "text" in the typing box, and you'll see a little padlock for the encryption by the send button. It's pretty cool to use if another one of your contacts has it....takes texting to the next level. But very few folks seem to have it enabled. I set up me and my wife's phone's with it which has been very cool.... but we're the only contacts either of us have that have it enabled.

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
Once I learned that when RCS is enabled all of your texts go through Google servers, and are unencrypted, I disabled this feature.

I dont need Google keeping a record of, and snooping through my text messages.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Once I learned that when RCS is enabled all of your texts go through Google servers, and are unencrypted, I disabled this feature.

I dont need Google keeping a record of, and snooping through my text messages.

Yup, I do this as well.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You have to remember it only works with other people who also have RCS installed. It will say "chat" instead of "text" in the typing box, and you'll see a little padlock for the encryption by the send button. It's pretty cool to use if another one of your contacts has it....takes texting to the next level. But very few folks seem to have it enabled. I set up me and my wife's phone's with it which has been very cool.... but we're the only contacts either of us have that have it enabled.

The new feature Google Message enable across android not just samsung. Bascially iMessage for Android.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
It kinda has to go thru the Google servers if you want cross device texting. All of them do. But lol at people that think Google is reading ever text like we are that important.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It kinda has to go thru the Google servers if you want cross device texting. All of them do. But lol at people that think Google is reading ever text like we are that important.
Exactly, what about whatsapp and others that use encryption gotta go somewhere also.