Google Message (RCS Enable on all One UI 3.1.1)

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Once I learned that when RCS is enabled all of your texts go through Google servers, and are unencrypted, I disabled this feature.

I dont need Google keeping a record of, and snooping through my text messages.
My understanding is that it's end to end encrypted just as Signal and Whatsapp and such are. Why do you think it's stored on their servers unencrypted?

anon(10753934)

Jun 17, 2021
Visit site
Hey found out that RCS doesn't offer end to end encryption for group msgs still !! Also it's only viable with others that have the service no different to a 3rd party .
What's the point when you can use signal or even The gram.
I mean if you had a choice between what's app,FB msgner,Telegram or signal no brainer for the current time.
Signal encrypts everything,Whipser systems with where who,how with actual decent protocols & privacy.
Can't be Linked across PC,Phone so forth unlike Google msgs.
Until group Msg is fixed & it becomes more widely implemented I think much better options ATM.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey found out that RCS doesn't offer end to end encryption for group msgs still !! Also it's only viable with others that have the service no different to a 3rd party .
What's the point when you can use signal or even The gram.
I mean if you had a choice between what's app,FB msgner,Telegram or signal no brainer for the current time.
Signal encrypts everything,Whipser systems with where who,how with actual decent protocols & privacy.
Can't be Linked across PC,Phone so forth unlike Google msgs.
Until group Msg is fixed & it becomes more widely implemented I think much better options ATM.
Thats the thing google now gotten the US carriers on board with rcs and encryption just was added to Google message so hopefully by next year everyone fir andriod and messages are same page

anon(10753934)

Jun 17, 2021
Visit site
Thats the thing google now gotten the US carriers on board with rcs and encryption just was added to Google message so hopefully by next year everyone fir andriod and messages are same page

Yeah ok I agree,It's rolled out here in Aus seems to be with most Samsung & Pixel devices. Lol of topic though Vodafone i.e TPG limited owns also is upgrading there sub data cable connected to Guam big connect for Asia Pacific & North America so makes sense. Guess the countries who are not or won't implement it not a issue I guess i.e India,Iran,Russia so forth.

From what I've read RCS group msgs still no encryption,If your going to encrypt do it or at least say why you aren't.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah ok I agree,It's rolled out here in Aus seems to be with most Samsung & Pixel devices. Lol of topic though Vodafone i.e TPG limited owns also is upgrading there sub data cable connected to Guam big connect for Asia Pacific & North America so makes sense. Guess the countries who are not or won't implement it not a issue I guess i.e India,Iran,Russia so forth.

From what I've read RCS group msgs still no encryption,If your going to encrypt do it or at least say why you aren't.
For other countries not sure how it will be handled but for group messages i guess because its not individually is why its not encrypted.

anon(10753934)

Jun 17, 2021
Visit site
For other countries not sure how it will be handled but for group messages i guess because its not individually is why its not encrypted.

Yeah that fits in though why not state that,Why not use the same system in group msg so if all parties are RCS it's encrypted. Just Knit picking spics & specs.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yup, i'm one of those that can't seems to get the notification using google message to alert the accessories.

Mine are hit and miss. Depends on things, but more often than not, it's a miss. I have gotten notifications a couple times, but, to be completely honest, I don't use gmail as my primary email. I just keep it for Android and all of my stuff that is connected to that account.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine are hit and miss. Depends on things, but more often than not, it's a miss. I have gotten notifications a couple times, but, to be completely honest, I don't use gmail as my primary email. I just keep it for Android and all of my stuff that is connected to that account.

Yeah, I used Gmail mainly to log on for Android as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz