Home screens

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Betcha mine is the most cluttered, lol.

I've tried themes, but they're completely obscured by my widgets.

I've tried edge panels for apps, but I just can't.

I'm too OCD about wanting certain information right in front of me; Outlook, weather, calendar, device care widgets, a picture of my wife and son... and then having my most often used apps only a click away, not a swipe and a click, lol.

A shame too, because there are some amazing themes/wallpapers out there, but I just can't...

Screenshot_20211008-083314_Nova7.jpg

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Everyone likes things their way. I can see why you are not using a wallpaper, you would barely see it, lol. I'm a bit more minimalist, mostly because I do not have a lot of apps on my phones.

Are there themes for the F3? I was thinking the ones in the samsung theme store were for regular phones. Been looking for wallpapers to work with the aspect ratio of the F3 but I have been coming up blank.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I keep my home screens clean too. Main screen will not have anything other than Google at a glance widget and two other screens for widgets (calendar, yahoo finance, Google find song etc) and couple of apps. Am more of a multi tasker and so edge panel is more important to me to launch apps as I don't go back to home screens or app drawer to launch apps. Even on my backup pixel I have a third party edge panel 😀. It is one of the best things Samsung came up with.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I keep my home screens clean too. Main screen will not have anything other than Google at a glance widget and two other screens for widgets (calendar, yahoo finance, Google find song etc) and couple of apps. Am more of a multi tasker and so edge panel is more important to me to launch apps as I don't go back to home screens or app drawer to launch apps. Even on my backup pixel I have a third party edge panel 😀. It is one of the best things Samsung came up with.

Agreed, I love the IDEA of the edge panels, and periodically try them.

As I mentioned above, I'm constantly wrestling with wanting a cool theme/wallpaper... that is visible, lol... vs my desire to have all the info I want and apps I frequently use, right there; visible and accessible at just a glance or one click... not swipe, (in one direction or another) then click.

I'm weird I know, lol. :p

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm too OCD about wanting certain information right in front of me; Outlook, weather, calendar, device care widgets, a picture of my wife and son... and then having my most often used apps only a click away, not a swipe and a click, lol.

A shame too, because there are some amazing themes/wallpapers out there, but I just can't...

View attachment 337711

This is a great setup!

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I've always preffered a minimalist home screen.

I use the edge apps screen heavily and find the calendar and clock / weather widget fulfils my immediate need to see needs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211010-170559_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20211010-170559_One UI Home.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 42

multo

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Here's what I did with mine. Been using the same or at least similar setup since Nexus phone days including wallpaper
2efca50fb784136b63f81365ab1eea23.jpg

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site

View attachment 337711

Yes, your home screen is giving me a panic attack 😂

Attachments

• 13601.jpg
    13601.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 65