Just got my fold 3 yesterday. Searched but didn't find any discussions on it. Do you take pictures with the phone closed or opened?
    10-17-2021 09:00 AM
    I use both ways but prefer the phone open for view while taking pic... Plus I love people's reactions when they see it lmao

Congrats!
    rsmin and smooches680 like this.
    10-17-2021 09:40 AM
    I use both ways but prefer the phone open for view while taking pic... Plus I love people's reactions when they see it lmao

Congrats!
    Bkdodger2, thanks! Enjoying the phone. Best phone since all my Note phones. I remember when I got the note 2, everyone thought I was carrying humongous phone. Kind of like now, but I can fold this one.
    10-17-2021 02:42 PM
    I mentioned this in a previous post, but when I am helping my brother with his business and him and his business partner and I are all out to lunch, and we each pull out our Fold 3's and start playing with them, we get a LOT of attention.

We are out and about a LOT and see many people regularly and are out in the general public quite a bit, and even as popular as this phones are, none of the 3 of us have seen anyone else out there with a Foldable phone anywhere. It's like we're always in a fish bowl when we are out and about (together or separate). LOL!
    10-18-2021 10:06 AM
    Bkdodger2, thanks! Enjoying the phone. Best phone since all my Note phones. I remember when I got the note 2, everyone thought I was carrying humongous phone. Kind of like now, but I can fold this one.
    Awesome I was there with the Note 2 with ya... Peeps said I was crazy Mr techy... Lol
    rsmin and kevinpleasants like this.
    10-18-2021 10:51 AM
    Awesome I was there with the Note 2 with ya... Peeps said I was crazy Mr techy... Lol
    Yep, I heard it too! But loving this one a lot.
    bkdodger2 likes this.
    10-18-2021 03:36 PM
    I mentioned this in a previous post, but when I am helping my brother with his business and him and his business partner and I are all out to lunch, and we each pull out our Fold 3's and start playing with them, we get a LOT of attention.

We are out and about a LOT and see many people regularly and are out in the general public quite a bit, and even as popular as this phones are, none of the 3 of us have seen anyone else out there with a Foldable phone anywhere. It's like we're always in a fish bowl when we are out and about (together or separate). LOL!
    I bet yall do. I am retired so don't get out as much but I can bet you I would be reluctant to pull my phone out due to everyone wanting to look at it.
    kevinpleasants and Talderon like this.
    10-18-2021 03:38 PM
    I bet yall do. I am retired so don't get out as much but I can bet you I would be reluctant to pull my phone out due to everyone wanting to look at it.
    Yeah, I have even had one stranger want to play with it, but unless I have $2k cash in hand to hold onto while they are "playing" with it, no dice.
    10-19-2021 09:16 AM
    Yeah, I have even had one stranger want to play with it, but unless I have $2k cash in hand to hold onto while they are "playing" with it, no dice.
    I've only lt friends handle haha... I do have a habit of walking around with it left hand with my fingers wrapped around it like I'm holding a softball lmao
    rsmin and kevinpleasants like this.
    10-19-2021 09:19 AM
    Totally agree!
    10-19-2021 09:26 AM
    I've only lt friends handle haha... I do have a habit of walking around with it left hand with my fingers wrapped around it like I'm holding a softball lmao
    I am not even sure about letting friends handle it. All I need is for someone to drop it or dig a fingernail into it.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-19-2021 09:29 AM
    I think my ONLY issue with the fold (which is totally MY FAULT) is that I have a small scratch on the inner screen protector. I can see it, but, only when the display is OFF and I have it open and the area is bright enough.

All in all, still not worth taking it off and putting something else on there. I love how this screen protector feels and how smooth it is to the touch. I don't want to risk losing that.
    bkdodger2 likes this.
    10-19-2021 09:30 AM
    I am not even sure about letting friends handle it. All I need is for someone to drop it or dig a fingernail into it.
    Yeah I hear ya on that one.. But after using a Fold over a year you get more comfortable with it... I was so scared with the ZF2 and it lasted a few months before I realized it's OK lol
    rsmin likes this.
    10-19-2021 10:00 AM
    So far, I have not let anyone handle it other than my brother, since he has one as well, I felt he was, at least, somewhat safe.

Yeah I hear ya on that one.. But after using a Fold over a year you get more comfortable with it... I was so scared with the ZF2 and it lasted a few months before I realized it's OK lol
    I can see this, however, I am never comfortable handing my device to someone. Not because of anything on it, but because I don't trust anyone to have as much respect and to take as much care as I do with my devices.

I mean, some of my friends have phone with cracked screens that they have been using like that for years.

I have one friend who routinely breaks their screen within a month of getting a new phone. He just does not care.
    10-19-2021 10:22 AM
    So far, I have not let anyone handle it other than my brother, since he has one as well, I felt he was, at least, somewhat safe.

I can see this, however, I am never comfortable handing my device to someone. Not because of anything on it, but because I don't trust anyone to have as much respect and to take as much care as I do with my devices.

I mean, some of my friends have phone with cracked screens that they have been using like that for years.

I have one friend who routinely breaks their screen within a month of getting a new phone. He just does not care.
    Totally understand.. My friends handle it extra careful they know how OCD I am... They loved taking pics with the large screen..
    rsmin likes this.
    10-19-2021 10:28 AM

^^^This^^^. I have not met anyone that respects their things as much as I respect mine. Maybe I'm confused or have my priorities wrong but I take the utmost care with my devices and unless I feel like someone will treat my things the same way I do ...then hecks no. I love my 11-year-old son enough that I'll trust him...but only him.
    rsmin likes this.
    10-19-2021 11:08 AM
    Yeah, I guess the new hasn't wore off for me yet. I don't have this kind of money any more (being retired) to let something happen to it.
    10-19-2021 02:41 PM
    ^^^This^^^. I have not met anyone that respects their things as much as I respect mine. Maybe I'm confused or have my priorities wrong but I take the utmost care with my devices and unless I feel like someone will treat my things the same way I do ...then hecks no. I love my 11-year-old son enough that I'll trust him...but only him.
    Me too!
    10-19-2021 02:42 PM
    I had mine slip out of my shorts pocket on the concrete.... man this phone is SLICKERY.

Little ding on the side and it still works....but wide angle lens cracked. I am doing an insurance replacement...but they are on back order.

First dropped phone in years.
    kevinpleasants and rsmin like this.
    10-21-2021 08:54 AM
    I had mine slip out of my shorts pocket on the concrete.... man this phone is SLICKERY.

Little ding on the side and it still works....but wide angle lens cracked. I am doing an insurance replacement...but they are on back order.

Ouch.
    10-21-2021 09:25 AM
    Ouch.
    Oh well.... That is what insurance is for.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-21-2021 09:40 AM
    Speaking of which, I do have AT&T's Asurion insurance but I have a feeling the deductible for the ZF³ is a bit more painful then it would be for say, an iPhone Mini.
    10-21-2021 01:33 PM

I hate that
    10-22-2021 05:16 PM