So it's not an issue lol but I'm just thinking that with Samsung planning to roll out the note successor in form of the S22 ultra, I think it might lose the chance to make foldables more mainstream. The absence of a note 20 ultra successor in 2021 forced some ardent note users, yours truly included, to try out the Z fold 3. I personally didn't think I was ready for a foldable phone in 2021 as it wasn't mainstream tech yet but the fold 3 blew my expectations and I know for now I'm definitely going to continue with foldables. I just think for those who never tried the fold and held out for a new note, they'll probably stick to that for a few years. If there was no note successor, more would lean towards foldables for productivity. My thoughts...what do you all think?
    11-17-2021 02:35 AM
    No, the fold 3 up to this point is proving itelf to a lot of people such as yourself as a working phone. There will be a lot of upgrades coming to the fold to keep it going. Don't rule out Spen silo, wouldn't that be a huge improvement on the fold. The note is just a S series phone with a Spen which is desirable, but the improvements are limited to new processor's, improvement on cameras. The fold has a bunch of improvements coming yet. We must not forget that the note was once in the folds spot and Samsung grew it well.
    Poshworld and buzzy3970 like this.
    11-17-2021 06:36 AM
    So it's not an issue lol but I'm just thinking that with Samsung planning to roll out the note successor in form of the S22 ultra, I think it might lose the chance to make foldables more mainstream. The absence of a note 20 ultra successor in 2021 forced some ardent note users, yours truly included, to try out the Z fold 3. I personally didn't think I was ready for a foldable phone in 2021 as it wasn't mainstream tech yet but the fold 3 blew my expectations and I know for now I'm definitely going to continue with foldables. I just think for those who never tried the fold and held out for a new note, they'll probably stick to that for a few years. If there was no note successor, more would lean towards foldables for productivity. My thoughts...what do you all think?
    Samsung just need to offer deals on fold and many will jump. Many not buying is not because they don't want but too pricey.
    Poshworld and J Dubbs like this.
    11-17-2021 06:38 AM
    Samsung just need to offer deals on fold and many will jump. Many not buying is not because they don't want but too pricey.
    Same thing was said with the note when it first came out and price came down. Price on fold 3 already came down. The fact that the price came down on the fold 3 at all is amazing being that EVERYTHING we buy the price is going up, not down. The note got as high as $1500 with the 512 and 5G of I remember right.

We are paying for new technology, it's been that way for years and years, the price will come down when competition enters the market. I'm old enough to remember VCR machines were huge and cost over $1,000, few years later you could buy them smaller and less then $100.
    Poshworld likes this.
    11-17-2021 06:46 AM
    Am one of them upgraded to ZF3 after breaking my note sequence and this is an amazing device for productivity except for camera. I miss Spen being part of the device but will wait for fold to come with it instead of a bar phone. Am sold for the fold factor
    11-17-2021 09:23 AM
    No, the fold 3 up to this point is proving itelf to a lot of people such as yourself as a working phone. There will be a lot of upgrades coming to the fold to keep it going. Don't rule out Spen silo, wouldn't that be a huge improvement on the fold. The note is just a S series phone with a Spen which is desirable, but the improvements are limited to new processor's, improvement on cameras. The fold has a bunch of improvements coming yet. We must not forget that the note was once in the folds spot and Samsung grew it well.
    Right, I hope the price comes down a bit so more people can experience it.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    11-18-2021 12:13 AM
    Am one of them upgraded to ZF3 after breaking my note sequence and this is an amazing device for productivity except for camera. I miss Spen being part of the device but will wait for fold to come with it instead of a bar phone. Am sold for the fold factor
    Same here.. love this phone
    11-18-2021 02:40 AM
    Right, I hope the price comes down a bit so more people can experience it.
    I'm Right there with you. Also means less complaining by the wife.
    11-18-2021 05:59 AM
    The foldable device of Samsung will lose sales in 2022 because the cost of the phone is so high that we can buy two S21 phones. Also, there are problems with the inner screen where the display has a thick line. Foldable phones should be a little cheaper and provided with a new advanced display, this will help Samsung to gain more sales from my point of view.
    Poshworld likes this.
    11-18-2021 06:00 AM
    The foldable device of Samsung will lose sales in 2022 because the cost of the phone is so high that we can buy two S21 phones. Also, there are problems with the inner screen where the display has a thick line. Foldable phones should be a little cheaper and provided with a new advanced display, this will help Samsung to gain more sales from my point of view.
    Again, we need to stop comparing the folds to the S series. Just like when the note was introduced it was higher priced and not the same as the S series, Galaxy phone back then. Nobody wants to talk how the fold went down in price this year. I can't think of anything that went down in pricing this year..everything went up in pricing and still is. I wonder if the S series is going to go down in pricing this next round. I don't see it as supplies are low and costs of supplies are going up, cost of fuel way up.

Sales on all phones have been on the decline last few years, and pricing is the reason. They all are expensive. Most people don't replace their home computers every year because of pricing, phones are up there in that same category now. Most people aren't like us on here wanting the next new thing every year. Phones are going to have a challenge this year. With everything going up in prices, phones could be a thing people decide they can wait on upgrading, filling the car up, putting food on the table, heating the house is going to take a lot of disposable income.

I do see the s series sales going up, but I think it will be false readings as the note is being combined with the S series, so how many of those sales are because of the note users?
    Laura Knotek and Poshworld like this.
    11-18-2021 06:23 AM
    My plan is that if the S22 Ultra is essentially an upgrade to the Note 20 Ultra, then I will buy that phone, and keep my ZF3 as secondary. If the ZF4 is essentially the same as the ZF3, and the outer screen is the same size and there aren't other significant changes, then I may skip it and wait until they decide to make it wider with a place for the S Pen and a minimal 5kmh battery. Yeah, so it's heavier. LOL I'm selfish, the and weight is not going to be an issue.
    Poshworld likes this.
    11-18-2021 04:42 PM
    I don't think sales will be affected. People who aren't interested in foldable devices will wait for the S22. People who like foldable devices will buy them.

I'm not interested in foldable devices, so I'm waiting for the S22.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-18-2021 04:51 PM
    I don't think sales will be affected. People who aren't interested in foldable devices will wait for the S22. People who like foldable devices will buy them.

I'm not interested in foldable devices, so I'm waiting for the S22.
    I agree
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-18-2021 05:16 PM
    I'm Right there with you. Also means less complaining by the wife.
    Haha 😄
    11-18-2021 08:53 PM