Apologies if this has already been asked, but is there an option to have the camera record a second or two before and after the pic is taken? I often use this to help get pics in focus when taking pics of objects that aren't completely still and have used this on my previous several Galaxy phones.
    11-27-2021 08:39 PM
    I believe what your asking is called single take
    11-27-2021 08:48 PM
    I believe what your asking is called single take
    I just tried that setting. No, that's definitely not what referring to. It's more of a motion photo where the camera records just before and after the shutter. I'm not sure what Samsung's official name was for it.
    11-27-2021 09:37 PM
    I just tried that setting. No, that's definitely not what referring to. It's more of a motion photo where the camera records just before and after the shutter. I'm not sure what Samsung's official name was for it.
    Hmm let me see
    11-27-2021 09:39 PM
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=DhPWDJC1

According to this, they didn't enable it on this device. Bummer.
    11-27-2021 09:41 PM
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=XMJbZcTw

According to this, they didn't enable it on this device. Bummer.
    Yeah I'm not seeing any other options on the listcamera question-screenshot_20211127-214227_camera.jpg
    11-27-2021 09:43 PM
    Yeah I'm not seeing any other options on the listClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211127-214227_Camera.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	339344
    It also doesn't appear that we can adjust any resolution settings? Oh well, for years, I was in pursuit of getting a phone with the perfect camera, because my kid was so young and I wanted to be able to capture the best photos possible.

However, Samsung can bring the hardware, but won't contract out the image processing to someone that knows what they're doing, so most of the Samsung phones I've owned never delivered. I think the S7+ and S8+ were decent.
    11-27-2021 09:49 PM
    It also doesn't appear that we can adjust any resolution settings? Oh well, for years, I was in pursuit of getting a phone with the perfect camera, because my kid was so young and I wanted to be able to capture the best photos possible.

However, Samsung can bring the hardware, but won't contract out the image processing to someone that knows what they're doing, so most of the Samsung phones I've owned never delivered. I think the S7+ and S8+ were decent.
    To be honest I never had issues with any recent Samsung cameras , make sure you have auto tracking on for moving subject in camera settings but single take should be able take for moving people. It also has pro mode if u like to look into that
    mlblack16 likes this.
    11-27-2021 09:54 PM
    Seriously, guys, the "perfect camera" will never be found on a phone. When your kids were born, was there even a camera on a phone? lol. What is offered today is LIGHT YEARS closer to what you would ever have asked for if you were quizzed about what you wanted in a camera phone just 10 years ago. Riiigghhtt??!! Buy a (minimum) $1000 mirrorless camera if you want to start complaining... and even then, you should read THOSE forums. hmph #lightroom
    Talderon and Poshworld like this.
    11-27-2021 10:50 PM
    Seriously, guys, the "perfect camera" will never be found on a phone. When your kids were born, was there even a camera on a phone? lol. What is offered today is LIGHT YEARS closer to what you would ever have asked for if you were quizzed about what you wanted in a camera phone just 10 years ago. Riiigghhtt??!! Buy a (minimum) $1000 mirrorless camera if you want to start complaining... and even then, you should read THOSE forums. hmph #lightroom
    Nope no perfect camera , but we have amazing cameras on smart phones today with Samsung, iPhone, pixels ..that enough for me .
    11-27-2021 10:59 PM
    Isn't that just motion photo?
    camera question-screenshot_20211127-231232_camera.jpg
    UState, BerryBubbles and mlblack16 like this.
    11-27-2021 11:14 PM
    Isn't that just motion photo?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211127-231232_Camera.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	339346
    Ha! That's it. I believe it used to be in the settings of the camera.
    11-28-2021 05:16 AM
    Yeah, I have been saying this for years and normally avoid Camera posts because of this. There is no way a phone camera will EVEREY meet the features and quality of a good DSLR. Never. The form factor makes it impossible.

People that expect professional level cams on a phone are just asking for disappointment.
    OJsakila and Poshworld like this.
    11-29-2021 12:08 PM
    Yeah, I have been saying this for years and normally avoid Camera posts because of this. There is no way a phone camera will EVEREY meet the features and quality of a good DSLR. Never. The form factor makes it impossible.

People that expect professional level cams on a phone are just asking for disappointment.
    To clarify for everyone, I do not think a cell phone should be expected to outperform any actual dedicated camera. However, I just traded in the S20 Ultra and I can tell you for a $1400 phone, the camera did not live anywhere near up to the hype they gave it.

I realize the selling point for the Fold isn't the camera, and I'm ok with that. I wasn't sure about the decision to get this phone, but now that I've got the Slim Armor Pro case and everything set up the way I like, it's really starting to grow on me. I'm a habitual YouTube watcher and sitting around watching videos on this huge open screen is glorious.
    11-29-2021 12:25 PM
    To clarify for everyone, I do not think a cell phone should be expected to outperform any actual dedicated camera. However, I just traded in the S20 Ultra and I can tell you for a $1400 phone, the camera did not live anywhere near up to the hype they gave it.

I realize the selling point for the Fold isn't the camera, and I'm ok with that. I wasn't sure about the decision to get this phone, but now that I've got the Slim Armor Pro case and everything set up the way I like, it's really starting to grow on me. I'm a habitual YouTube watcher and sitting around watching videos on this huge open screen is glorious.
    I suggest adding Lightroom to your photography with the Fold. I also suggest using pro mode to snap your pics and make sure youre using RAW format in the settings. This phone (with a little help and knowledge) is just fine. imo, of course. good luck
    11-29-2021 06:33 PM

Okay, I can get behind this when you are comparing this camera to another mobile phone camera. I get it and this isn't frustrating. Where I get the most frustrated is when people compare phone camera's to the Nikon/Cannon DSLR's and "...how crappy mobile camera's are compared to them..." when they are actually REALLY good for what they are.

I came from the Note 20 Ultra so these camera's on the Fold 3 are, for me, at least on-par. Compared to the S21, spec for spec, maybe not, but, as I said, I can't argue with that.

The camera on a phone, for me, is convenient and good to have everywhere.
    11-30-2021 10:52 AM
    Okay, I can get behind this when you are comparing this camera to another mobile phone camera. I get it and this isn't frustrating. Where I get the most frustrated is when people compare phone camera's to the Nikon/Cannon DSLR's and "...how crappy mobile camera's are compared to them..." when they are actually REALLY good for what they are.

I came from the Note 20 Ultra so these camera's on the Fold 3 are, for me, at least on-par. Compared to the S21, spec for spec, maybe not, but, as I said, I can't argue with that.

The camera on a phone, for me, is convenient and good to have everywhere.
    I definitely agree with you. Maybe spec for spec it doesn't add up with a couple other phones out there but the newer software on the Fold seems to have helped. That with shooting in RAW and using a minimal amount of post processing like Lightroom really puts this camera phone in the top 3 out there, I would say.. Certainly, only gets the majority of hate from the most Unskilled of amateur photographers out here.
    Talderon and 1raygin like this.
    12-02-2021 03:04 PM