It is December...do you

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys think we'll get One UI 4 in December? Those that are in beta, what's the beta version so far?

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm just curious how long the Carrier Delay is going to be. Unlocked variants always get theirs first, then, when the carriers do their tweaks, we get ours and that can normally take a while. I just hope the carriers are going to move quickly.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm just curious how long the Carrier Delay is going to be. Unlocked variants always get theirs first, then, when the carriers do their tweaks, we get ours and that can normally take a while. I just hope the carriers are going to move quickly.
I thought I read where some carriers released the S21 before the unlocked this time, I could be wrong.

I'm surprised Samsung doesn't release the unlocked of all phones first.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I thought I read where some carriers released the S21 before the unlocked this time, I could be wrong.

I'm surprised Samsung doesn't release the unlocked of all phones first.

I used to work for AT&T and T-Mobile (corporate, not retail) and OS upgrades normally need to go through a testing cycle for various reasons, including, but not limited too:

• First Party Application Testing (Carrier Bloat)
  • Partner Application Testing (3rd party bloat)
  • Network/Carrier configurations (signal quality and the like)
  • Security (this is not deep, but a cursory pass at it)
  • and more...

All of these can delay carrier releases. Now, if they are on the ball and have done testing and updates during the Beta's and when release comes and they pass smoke tests, then they can release, but if anything fails, they have to look into it.

They also have to make sure Sammy (and other carriers) have not snuck anything in (features) that they don't support or don't offer at the time/for free. :)

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

^^^^ THIS. I'm SURE Att will take their time. You guys that are locked to a carrier (myself included) better just calm down. Count on mid-January at the earliest. I'm 54 and been down this road for nearly 20 years... don't hold your breath for it happening this month.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
^^^^ THIS. I'm SURE Att will take their time. You guys that are locked to a carrier (myself included) better just calm down. Count on mid-January at the earliest. I'm 54 and been down this road for nearly 20 years... don't hold your breath for it happening this month.
Your a trouble maker

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance