trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I might have to actually give Samsung launcher a shot. I've been using nova since early note days and have liked it. Worked fine on the fold 2 also. On the fold 3 is is very slow when opening the phone up to inside screen, and I mean slow. I don't need instant, but it's to the point I have to wait for the icons to load up and it's annoying.

I've emailed the developer, did what they suggested, basically uninstall, reinstall and set up from scratch, not restore. It did not work.

Has anyone had this happen with Nova, have you found a solution. I also have Nova set up to never put to sleep in battery settings.

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Go with the Samsung UI. Its about to update REAL soon, too, Plus Nova SUCKS and the uneducated DEVS actually let an email go out that said, quite rudely, that they dont CARE about foldables and its not worth their effort to update for the fold or anything else. Really seems like theyre lacking in the ABILITY to actually DO IT. I dont think they're capable. Just a dummy living off his past. NOVA SUCKS and is PAST
their moment in time. hmph. AND im a full paying customer.
The tech has passed them and they are are INCAPABLE of helping foldables.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Update , i just tried Nova but didn't restore from back up and no issues, maybe don't restore back up and see how it is ?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Go with the Samsung UI. Its about to update REAL soon, too, Plus Nova SUCKS and the uneducated DEVS actually let an email go out that said, quite rudely, that they dont CARE about foldables and its not worth their effort to update for the fold or anything else. Really seems like theyre lacking in the ABILITY to actually DO IT. I dont think they're capable. Just a dummy living off his past. NOVA SUCKS and is PAST
their moment in time. hmph. AND im a full paying customer.
The tech has passed them and they are are INCAPABLE of helping foldables.
Actually, there's only one dev, Kevin. This is the official explanation about new features for foldable devices. I find it very reasonable.

Screenshot_20211204-203554.jpg

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
The only way I was able to run Nova to my satisfaction on my fold was when I was running to launchers Nova on the inside and another on the outside using Tasker. Otherwise, like I'm doing with the ZF3 I went back to One UI stock launcher..

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The only way I was able to run Nova to my satisfaction on my fold was when I was running to launchers Nova on the inside and another on the outside using Tasker. Otherwise, like I'm doing with the ZF3 I went back to One UI stock launcher..
Im running it outside and in , seems to flow like regular phone , but didn't install a backup

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Yep, been using it for months now on my Fold 3... no issues, no lag, no problems whatsoever.

And even with the improvements to OneUI, you can't do this with it... you simply can't have enough "slots" to do so.

I think either 5x5, or maybe 6x6 is the max grid size.

I'm currently using an 8x9 grid.

Screenshot_20211204-184925_Nova7.jpg

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Actually, there's only one dev, Kevin. This is the official explanation about new features for foldable devices. I find it very reasonable.

View attachment 339533

i DONT find it reasonable. He's OBVIOUSLY incapable of helping. This is a FOLDABLE FORUM. I paid him money while owning the FOLD expecting the same product ive had for 10+ years.... Im not here to feel sorry for some amateur dev. lol.. He needs to either get on the ball or ignore completely these posts and face the fact that he he doesnt have the capability to do it or give a Sh*t. Which is the REAL REASON. I dont want to hear any nonsense from this amateur. he's had 3 YEARS to get his bs together for foldables. NEGATIVE. Its all nonsense what he says. #samsungUI

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
i DONT find it reasonable. He's OBVIOUSLY incapable of helping. This is a FOLDABLE FORUM. I paid him money while owning the FOLD expecting the same product ive had for 10+ years.... Im not here to feel sorry for some amateur dev. lol.. He needs to either get on the ball or ignore completely these posts and face the fact that he he doesnt have the capability to do it or give a ****. Which is the REAL REASON.
Sorry, what? I'm not sure if I follow you. Did you paid for the prime version 10 years ago or you've been using just the free version all these years?

I'm not trying to defend Nova or its dev, just posting their official point of view. I think you're missing my point and I'm not related to Nova in any way.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The main thing is, right now Nova doesn't support different layouts per display in foldable devices. Actually, it never did. If that a must for you better use the stock launcher or a different custom launcher that include that option, if there's any.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Im running it outside and in , seems to flow like regular phone , but didn't install a backup
I was able to run it as the main launcher inside and out but my only dislike was how it was too small outside for my layout...the advantage of stock launcher is that you can run different screens completely...so I used the Tasker method to accomplish it ..

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I was able to run it as the main launcher inside and out but my only dislike was how it was too small outside for my layout...the advantage of stock launcher is that you can run different screens completely...so I used the Tasker method to accomplish it ..
Gotcha , yeah haven't played enough with Nova to see what its capable of but for OP saying it was slow to open in the inside display i haven't encountered it yet .

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
i DONT find it reasonable. He's OBVIOUSLY incapable of helping. This is a FOLDABLE FORUM. I paid him money while owning the FOLD expecting the same product ive had for 10+ years.... Im not here to feel sorry for some amateur dev. lol.. He needs to either get on the ball or ignore completely these posts and face the fact that he he doesnt have the capability to do it or give a Sh*t. Which is the REAL REASON. I dont want to hear any nonsense from this amateur. he's had 3 YEARS to get his bs together for foldables. NEGATIVE. Its all nonsense what he says. #samsungUI
So when are you putting out your launcher that you have developed for foldables? I'm excited to try it out.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I might have to actually give Samsung launcher a shot. I've been using nova since early note days and have liked it. Worked fine on the fold 2 also. On the fold 3 is is very slow when opening the phone up to inside screen, and I mean slow. I don't need instant, but it's to the point I have to wait for the icons to load up and it's annoying.

I've emailed the developer, did what they suggested, basically uninstall, reinstall and set up from scratch, not restore. It did not work.

Has anyone had this happen with Nova, have you found a solution. I also have Nova set up to never put to sleep in battery settings.
What version of Nova ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang