One UI 4 / Android 12 final serious issues

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm never in rush for OS updates for this reason. I wish I could refuse the updates

You can.

I've used Alliance Shield for years with no issues, (for those who may be leery of such apps), from the Playstore.

With it you can disable EVERYTHING, including the process that automatically checks for updates, and applies them.

Ain't no way, no how I let updates, inadequately tested updates mind you, get pushed to my phone without my permission.

Plus, regardless of bugs, new updates NEVER work smoothly with GoodLock, (which I use extensively), until GoodLock has been updated, which can take months to do.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
You can.

I've used Alliance Shield for years with no issues, (for those who may be leery of such apps), from the Playstore.

With it you can disable EVERYTHING, including the process that automatically checks for updates, and applies them.

Ain't no way, no how I let updates, inadequately tested updates mind you, get pushed to my phone without my permission.

Plus, regardless of bugs, new updates NEVER work smoothly with GoodLock, (which I use extensively), until GoodLock has been updated, which can take months to do.
I'm going to look into that. What do I need to disable

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I'll take the release waiting over brickng waiting any day.

Ditto man. I cannot have the only phone I use bricked.

Besides, I use my phone for work as my Laptop when I am out and about (which is often). I would hate to go back to the days of lugging around a laptop again (yeah, even though it has been a few months, I would rather take around my KB/Power Bank/Phone than a laptop with everything else. :D

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Go into the App Manager tab on the home screen, search for update, disable these two processes.

View attachment 339641

Then click on them, one at a time, and on the next screen click the Allow button to disable it.

View attachment 339642
Ok, I have it. Mine is little different and want to do it right. Can you tell me which ones to disable? In mine it had me long press to disable it enable.

I did a software update search and second picture shows those 3 Thanks
2f655cf7f42ee3fead2ec5a590f2cf49.jpg

02b10b79311cf0930a24e1b8b557efce.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge