I'm thinking about upgrading my current S10 to the Fold 3. It's a big jump, especially in size. I've run through so many scenarios in my head to prepare for it.

I've been following the forum sporadically but have not seen anyone who took same path.

I understand pocketability is going to be a challenge. Be prepared to hand carry when out and about, so a protective case is a good idea?

Any other recommendations or advice on how to deal with the large phone size difference?
    01-10-2022 10:50 AM
    One thing I learned early on when lurking around these phone forums, is that everyone has their own wants, "needs" and desires when it comes to phones. That said, given your concern about the size I would go to a store and look/handle one (I realize they have those stupid leashes). That way, you can get some kind of idea how the size affects you. I'll buy another one tomorrow, but my biggest criticism of the F3 is that the outer screen is a little too narrow. Accurate typing, for example, is a challenge for me.

Good luck!
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    01-10-2022 10:59 AM
    One thing I learned early on when lurking around these phone forums, is that everyone has their own wants, "needs" and desires when it comes to phones. That said, given your concern about the size I would go to a store and look/handle one (I realize they have those stupid leashes). That way, you can get some kind of idea how the size affects you. I'll buy another one tomorrow, but my biggest criticism of the F3 is that the outer screen is a little too narrow. Accurate typing, for example, is a challenge for me.

Good luck!
    Yeah, good advice. I'll check it out at one of the box stores. I don't mind a case, prefer naked or minimal, but I have a feeling a case is a must until I'm used to carrying it around.

I have a RhinoShield bumper on the S10 right now, and have dropped it a few times. Luckily most on home surfaces.
    01-10-2022 04:27 PM

I understand pocketability is going to be a challenge. Be prepared to hand carry when out and about, so a protective case is a good idea?

?
    Pocket ability is fine on the fold 3. It's a little thicker, but the others are a little wider, so you have bulk in both situations, we were just conditioned to the wider phones. I carry my fold 3 in my pocket everytime, just like I did the note 20 and all my phones.

You will get used to the narrow front screen, it's a learning curve. The front screen is mostly used for on the go replies and quick searches while on the go. It will take some time to get used to it, but it is great to open the phone for the big screen when you want it.
    jettie1767 likes this.
    01-10-2022 08:37 PM
    Pocket ability is fine on the fold 3. It's a little thicker, but the others are a little wider, so you have bulk in both situations, we were just conditioned to the wider phones. I carry my fold 3 in my pocket everytime, just like I did the note 20 and all my phones.

You will get used to the narrow front screen, it's a learning curve. The front screen is mostly used for on the go replies and quick searches while on the go. It will take some time to get used to it, but it is great to open the phone for the big screen when you want it.
    Good info. Thanks. Are you using a case?

Yeah, these old eyes won't be doing much with the front screen.
    01-11-2022 10:44 AM
    So, I am using the Samsung Leather Case which does not add much bulk at all and I have no issues pocketing the phone, even in Jeans.

Do agree with others and go and SEE the phone in person and decide if it's right for you.

Honestly, I came from a N20U and won't look back. This thing is the ultimate device.

• Phone
    • Tablet
    • Kindle eReader
    • Laptop (if you get a KB for it, I use mine for work when I am out and about (DevOps Infra Architect))
    TMavC5 and srgonu like this.
    01-11-2022 11:06 AM
    So, I am using the Samsung Leather Case which does not add much bulk at all and I have no issues pocketing the phone, even in Jeans.

Do agree with others and go and SEE the phone in person and decide if it's right for you.

Honestly, I came from a N20U and won't look back. This thing is the ultimate device.

• Phone
    • Tablet
    • Kindle eReader
    • Laptop (if you get a KB for it, I use mine for work when I am out and about (DevOps Infra Architect))
    Whoa, that's a good sales pitch. Haha

Seriously though, thanks for sharing your experience.
    01-13-2022 01:07 PM