Anyone thinking of moving to s22 ultra from z fold 3?

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
This has probably been discussed but couldn't find the thread. Wondered if some were considering moving to s22 ultra from z fold 3? I have had Note phones since Note 2, except for a LG v60 dual screen and tried the Duo. (Wanted more screen real estate with stylus). Came back to Samsung with z fold 3. Still loving this phone and not sure I could stand a regular slab phone again, but I am a little concerned with the durability of the screen on the fold? Just curious as to what others are thinking.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I have been with note series since note 2 and ZF3 is my first deviation. I love this phone (multi tasking is its strength) but I always miss Spen when on calls. I use Spen more frequently and I miss it. I have ZF3 Spen but am not comfortable carrying it around with ZF3 being already heavy and no support on outside screen. But am not sure if I will move to slab phone as ZF3 increased my productivity as I do most of the things on this without looking for my TAB S7 or laptop. My only complaints are integrated Spen and cameras (I can't get even one picture of my kids clearly as they are on the move). May be ZF4 will solve those problems.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I moved from the Samsung Note 20 Ultra to the Fold ³ and love the form factor and split screen / multi tasking the Fold ³ brings.

However if the Samsung Galaxy s22 Ultra brings to the table what I want and ticks my want's and need's boxes I'll certainly consider it.

" I'm a phone guy " ( something flossy carter says ) so I'm always up for a new phone.

Exciting times ahead.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Of course they will. Some just can't settle on a phone. The new phone is the best phone until the next new phone comes out, then that new phone is the best phone until.... Repeat over and over.

I'm slowly weaning myself from that thought process.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
All, thanks for the input. I am retired so can't purchase as much as I used to. Shouldn't have done it back then either but always got suckered into "the next big thing". I love this phone and don't think I could go back to a slab either, but I do sometimes worry about the screen. Reddit has quite a few users reporting screen issues, and yes I know that might be just a select few and those that don't have a problem don't say anything but it still gives me pause. Anyway, thanks again for the response.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
All, thanks for the input. I am retired so can't purchase as much as I used to. Shouldn't have done it back then either but always got suckered into "the next big thing". I love this phone and don't think I could go back to a slab either, but I do sometimes worry about the screen. Reddit has quite a few users reporting screen issues, and yes I know that might be just a select few and those that don't have a problem don't say anything but it still gives me pause. Anyway, thanks again for the response.

I have NEVER carried insurance (Asurion) on a phone, but with this phone I opted for it, otherwise it would linger in the back of my mind the entire time I own it.

There are times when the crease gets to me, but in the right lighting, I absolutely love it.

I do wish the outer display was a tad larger, but for the short time I went without a case I didn't mind as much.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I have NEVER carried insurance (Asurion) on a phone, but with this phone I opted for it, otherwise it would linger in the back of my mind the entire time I own it.

There are times when the crease gets to me, but in the right lighting, I absolutely love it.

I do wish the outer display was a tad larger, but for the short time I went without a case I didn't mind as much.
I don't usually carry insurance on my phone's either, but was going to on this one. I bought mine used in Swappa about 2 months ago, it was pristine not a scratch on it but the seller failed to tell me that they had removed both screen protectors. Also when trying to get Samsung warranty info for the phone they say they don't warranty the phone when sold through sites such as eBay or Swappa. So I have this pristine z3 which works perfectly. I don't know if I could get any insurance on this now. But I do love the phone and will just continue to use it and see what happens.

Again thank you all for your replies. Also being older my eyes are not what they used to be so this big inner screen is great. I sold my tab s7 and my LG v60 dual screen to offset the cost of this and really don't miss either of those since getting this phone.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't usually carry insurance on my phone's either, but was going to on this one. I bought mine used in Swappa about 2 months ago, it was pristine not a scratch on it but the seller failed to tell me that they had removed both screen protectors. Also when trying to get Samsung warranty info for the phone they say they don't warranty the phone when sold through sites such as eBay or Swappa. So I have this pristine z3 which works perfectly. I don't know if I could get any insurance on this now. But I do love the phone and will just continue to use it and see what happens.

Again thank you all for your replies. Also being older my eyes are not what they used to be so this big inner screen is great. I sold my tab s7 and my LG v60 dual screen to offset the cost of this and really don't miss either of those since getting this phone.

Wow. They removed the inner display screen protector too?

You might see if a Ubreakifix place will install a new one. I believe they're the ones that Asurion will send us to anyway. You'd have to pay, but I wouldn't think installing an OEM screen protector would be that much. Certainly less than replacing due to heavy scratches.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Can try Square Trade for phone insurance, not sure if still around

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow. They removed the inner display screen protector too?

You might see if a Ubreakifix place will install a new one. I believe they're the ones that Asurion will send us to anyway. You'd have to pay, but I wouldn't think installing an OEM screen protector would be that much. Certainly less than replacing due to heavy scratches.
Thanks. Good idea.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Can try Square Trade for phone insurance, not sure if still around
Mustang, looks like Square Trade is still around. Owned by Allstate now. Well need to call them. The first year they cover anything the manufacturer won't, but I don't know what they will do when I have a fresh z fold 3 with no manufacturer warranty? Well find out.