I asked this a couple of months ago and the thread kind of got off topic.

Question: when taking pictures do you take them with the fold open or closed? It's easier for me to snap a quick picture with the phone closed but it takes a "skinny" picture when I do that? Just curious as to what y'all do?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    04-25-2022 01:42 PM
    Usually with the phone opened unless I need to snap a quick picture of something quick and on the move. I can't stand going back looking at the small unfolded pictures while looking at the big screen.
    rsmin likes this.
    04-25-2022 06:27 PM
    Usually with the phone opened unless I need to snap a quick picture of something quick and on the move. I can't stand going back looking at the small unfolded pictures while looking at the big screen.
    Yep that's my problem. It's using the same camera, wonder why it doesn't do a normal size picture when shooting it closed?
    04-25-2022 07:03 PM
    Always closed for me.
    rsmin likes this.
    04-25-2022 08:39 PM
    Yep that's my problem. It's using the same camera, wonder why it doesn't do a normal size picture when shooting it closed?
    That is strange...
    rsmin likes this.
    04-26-2022 01:03 AM
    Always closed for me.
    Thanks. Do your pictures come out normal size or are they tall and skinny like the outer screen?
    04-26-2022 03:55 AM
    Thanks. Do your pictures come out normal size or are they tall and skinny like the outer screen?
    It looks like if you have the camera setup for 3:4 on the outer screen while taking pictures it takes up the full screen of the phone on the inner screen.
    rsmin and Poshworld like this.
    04-26-2022 04:27 PM
    It looks like if you have the camera setup for 3:4 on the outer screen while taking pictures it takes up the full screen of the phone on the inner screen.
    BigMosley, THANK YOU! That worked. Now I don't have to flip it open to snap a quick picture. Makes a huge difference for me now for taking pictures!
    BigMosley and J Dubbs like this.
    04-26-2022 04:53 PM
    I asked this a couple of months ago and the thread kind of got off topic.

Question: when taking pictures do you take them with the fold open or closed? It's easier for me to snap a quick picture with the phone closed but it takes a "skinny" picture when I do that? Just curious as to what y'all do?
    I don't understand what you're talking about with a "skinny picture."

Pics I take using the rear camera with the phone closed look normal even when I view them from the gallery with the phone opened.
    rsmin likes this.
    04-26-2022 08:18 PM
    BigMosley, THANK YOU! That worked. Now I don't have to flip it open to snap a quick picture. Makes a huge difference for me now for taking pictures!
    Sorry, looks like you got it figured out regardless.
    rsmin likes this.
    04-26-2022 08:19 PM
    Sorry, looks like you got it figured out regardless.
    Yes, thanks. There was a setting that had the picture come out in the same size as the "skinny" outer screen of the phone. If that makes sense.
    04-27-2022 07:42 AM
    Depends on the setting, but I find that I take most pics with the phone close.
    rsmin likes this.
    04-27-2022 10:12 AM
    Depends on the setting, but I find that I take most pics with the phone close.
    Thanks Talderon, now that I know I can get regular size pictures with the phone closed I will probably do that most of the time.
    04-28-2022 01:50 AM
    Thanks Talderon, now that I know I can get regular size pictures with the phone closed I will probably do that most of the time.
    Honestly, it's much easier with the phone close. I have never had any issues with resolutions and sizes. I especially like how much easier it is to take Panoramic pics with it closed.
    rsmin likes this.
    04-29-2022 09:17 AM
    Honestly, it's much easier with the phone close. I have never had any issues with resolutions and sizes. I especially like how much easier it is to take Panoramic pics with it closed.
    Totally agree, I just wasn't smart enough to know it would shoot like when opened! Totally changed how much more I like this phone now. It is a lot easier with it closed. Thanks
    04-29-2022 01:19 PM
    You need to adjust your settings. I take pics all day long with the phone CLOSED and they are identical to the ones I take with the phone open. I ONLY open the phone to take pics when I want to really focus in on something. You shouldnt be seeing a difference at all.
    rsmin likes this.
    05-23-2022 05:47 PM
    You need to adjust your settings. I take pics all day long with the phone CLOSED and they are identical to the ones I take with the phone open. I ONLY open the phone to take pics when I want to really focus in on something. You shouldnt be seeing a difference at all.
    Thanks
    05-24-2022 03:01 AM
    Man, I still find it so cool that Fold users have *options* when it comes to taking photos! Like, physical options. Not just camera modes. Amazing!
    rsmin and Poshworld like this.
    05-24-2022 06:38 AM