Did anyone switch from a Pro Max iphone

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
So recently my girlfriend and I swapped from iphones to Samsung, I got the S22 ultra and she got the Flip 4. My mom seen her phone and really liked it. I was thinking of converting both my mom and dad to samsungs. I was gonna get the Fold 4 for my dad but I'm worried the front screen maybe small for him. Has anyone switched from a Pro Max iPhone to the Fold 4? I know he'll use the big screen for Facebook, ebay and the web but I don't want him feeling like he has to open it to text back. Also my parents aren't super tech savvy so that's another thing that worries me about the swap. Android has so many options lol

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I bought my Mum a pixel, because I refuse to ever give Apple any money, and after hearing me **** talk them for decades, she doesn't really want one hahaha.

**** Apple.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So recently my girlfriend and I swapped from iphones to Samsung, I got the S22 ultra and she got the Flip 4. My mom seen her phone and really liked it. I was thinking of converting both my mom and dad to samsungs. I was gonna get the Fold 4 for my dad but I'm worried the front screen maybe small for him. Has anyone switched from a Pro Max iPhone to the Fold 4? I know he'll use the big screen for Facebook, ebay and the web but I don't want him feeling like he has to open it to text back. Also my parents aren't super tech savvy so that's another thing that worries me about the swap. Android has so many options lol

Not sure how old your parents are. Sometime just let them be and let them use iPhone because it is much easier for them.

Last edited:

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I gave my parents S20 FE when released and they enjoy that phone. Next upgrade definitely Pixel. Am super impressed with Pixel 7 pro. Pixel is much simpler than iPhone in my opinion. Now that they are used to back gesture, on iphone they have to search for back gesture location for each app ,. And keyboard with no number row is a big deal.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My dad recently passed, but I got him an iPhone and my Mom likes her iPhone. Iphones work and are good for older people. Besides this, Pixel would be another good choice.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My dad recently passed, but I got him an iPhone and my Mom likes her iPhone. Iphones work and are good for older people. Besides this, Pixel would be another good choice.
Your right iPhone or a pixel would be best bet for parents

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am in the process of moving my work phone from an iPhone Mini to a FOld4. I still have my iPhone 13 Pro Max as my personal carry device and will always use iOS as my carry device. I have too many things and people tied to iOS to move now. Work isn't a problem. I can move around fine with my work phone.

As for parents, I keep mine on iOS. I believe in the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) Principle and iOS is definitely that. Android takes a lot more hands on and figuring things out, where iOS just works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith