Pre-Orders Anywhere?

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
AT&T's preorder page is up. Debating it with myself now to mate to my Note 3.

I was ready to pull the trigger until Moto;s announcement - that looks to be a very nice device. Now I'm on the fence.

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Bestbuy has pre orders and I got to see them and they are sweet!!

Any chance you can make a first-hand comparison between the original Gear and the Gear 2?

I decided to go ahead and jump in, and pre-ordered yesterday afternoon after all. I figure best case is I will fall in love with it, worst case I will eBay it if I decide the Moto is a better fit for me when they launch later this year.

junebug72

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I pre ordered mine yesterday from Best Buy. Have the original but looking forward to new one.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

elvis1935

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The operating system is so fast and there is no stutter nothing like that you wouldn't even be able to tell that it wasn't an Android operating system if you didn't know any better but I'm still not sure about the actual gear 2 for $100 more and all it adds is just a camera I'm just not really sure if I wanna go with the gear to or not but that's what I pre ordered so I may just stick with it it is nice looking but for $100 more I'm just not sure sure that it's worth it cuz the Neo doesn't seem as cheap as I thought it would it doesn't feel all plastic it seems like they took the metal that's on the gear 2 and actually painted it with a rubberized black coating.

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy's online pre-order page now shows "Sold Out Online" for all models (as far as I can tell, this isn't specific to any one store). It seems technically impossible to sell out of pre-order items, after all, they are "selling" inventory they don't have yet anyway, so why prevent someone from placing an order? I wonder if it's a glitch at Best Buy or if they already know their allocation and they're actually sold out in advance.

Samsung Gear 119776 - Best Buy

AT&T is still allowing pre-orders.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy's online pre-order page now shows "Sold Out Online" for all models (as far as I can tell, this isn't specific to any one store). It seems technically impossible to sell out of pre-order items, after all, they are "selling" inventory they don't have yet anyway, so why prevent someone from placing an order? I wonder if it's a glitch at Best Buy or if they already know their allocation and they're actually sold out in advance.

Samsung Gear 119776 - Best Buy

AT&T is still allowing pre-orders.

What was the price of the pre-order at Best Buy..

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
$299 at my local BB.

Edit: I just called the corporate office and customer service. They said that the pre orders online are indeed sold out. They may replenish them a few days before 4/11. Otherwise, your best bet is to stop by your local BB, and preorder it there. I would suggest to call in first though.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
$299 at my local BB.

Edit: I just called the corporate office and customer service. They said that the pre orders online are indeed sold out. They may replenish them a few days before 4/11. Otherwise, your best bet is to stop by your local BB, and preorder it there. I would suggest to call in first though.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app

That is what I was told by a Samsung Rep at BB.. He said just come in on the 11th and buy it at BB.

Well, anyway, I sold my Galaxy Gear.. It was in perfect condition, but I said I better unload now, because come the 11th, the price may be dropping on what one can get for the older Galaxy Gear.. Wish I could snagged some promos like I did with the orginal GG at $209 on the Gear 2.. ;)

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
AT&T's pre-order page now shows April 30 as the expected ship date for the Gear 2 in gold brown, but still says April 8 for the black and orange models. I take this to mean that they either currently have inventory they are allocating based on pre-orders, or they have been given specific allocations by Samsung which they are passing on to pre-orders. Possibly #1 because some stores are already selling the S5 and some of the Gear models before the official release date, according to a CNET article that was posted today (no reason to assume it's an April Fool's joke, but who knows).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power