Gear 2 and google now: it works!

MasterElwood

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I didn?t know this was supposed to work, but i get some google now notification on my Gear 2!

Just now i got a reminder set in GN - and yesterday when i was leaving my friends apartment and on the way to my car i got a GN notification with the driving time to my home!

The notifications show "google search" as source - but they are totally GN notifications!

Also: my Neo let me control my Google music playback. Didn't know this is possible either!

Unexpected awesomeness! Have the neo 2 days now and love it - now even more!!!

Last edited:

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Just to make sure, it's only for notifications, right? I think you can do that in the original Galaxy Gear too. But it doesn't replace SVoice on the new Gear Neo or Gear 2, does it?

Oh, and congrats on your new toy. How is the speaker compared to the original GG?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

MasterElwood

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Just to make sure, it's only for notifications, right? I think you can do that in the original Galaxy Gear. But it doesn't replace SVoice on the new Gear Neo or Gear 2, does it?

Oh, and congrats on your new toy. How is the speaker compared to the original GG?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app

Yes, just notifications. S-voice still here.

I never did hear the original GG speaker sorry...

But i think it's ok. Making Calls in supermarket, car (with Windows closed) : no problem

Posted via Android Central App

MasterElwood

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
There is a section in gear manager on your phone where you can select from which apps gear will show notifications.

Activate everything Google.

Posted via Android Central App

rEVOLVE

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
You got me excited for nothing :(
Although S-Voice is pretty handy with the mic, Google Now just extends to more "stuff" and having a choice is better. It's this reason I'm debating returning the Gear and waiting for the Android Wear units - as touchless Google Now will be awesome on a watch (as shown in the video demo where the girl riding the bike just said "ok google, open garage door").

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca