SVoice: more commands?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
It seems like most folks prefer Google Now over SVoice in general. The original Galaxy Gear has a limited number of commands. Does the new Gear 2 has more? Such as, "Who's the president of the U.S.?", "What is 2+2?", etc? What is the list of SVoice commands? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
You are awesome, thanks! How's the delay response? I find the delay on the original GG to be quite slow compared to Google Now.

MasterElwood

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes - it is slower. But hard to compare because there is no watch with Google now yet ;-)

Let me test N7 vs Gear 2:

Ok looks like it's maybe 1 sec slower. Not THAT bad but it is slower.

Just notices 2 things:

1. Gear has problems with "how old is" when you try it on dead people.
2. Gear on the other hand is more precise with "how old is" - giving you years, month and days - while Google now just gives you "XX years"

Posted via Android Central App

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks as always. Another SVoice question: how accurate is it with texting or voice recognition? My biggest complaint about the original GG was that the voice texting thru SVoice was only 50% consistent and accurate on spelling and enunciation, thus my preference for Google Now. Hopefully SVoice on G2 has improved?

MasterElwood

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The accuracy is surprisingly good. Maybe not quite GVS level - but not that far behind.

I was expecting something much worse...

Patrick Sutfin

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My gear 2 does not answer these questions it says function not supported please check the help.
really annoying it basically on my gear 2 is a way to reply to texts and voice control gear 2 apps open and thats about it (it answers weather questions only.)

mpogr

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Stuff that I tried and found working: "Show weather", "Show forecast for tomorrow", "Show weather in New York", "Show schedule for tomorrow", "Schedule and appointment/meeting" + all details (with whom, date/time, title/subject), it actually asks you to confirm before saving and you can make changes by saying "Change date/time/subject etc."

mustc

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
It still does not do division however. Strange that. Considering that it does all of the other arithmetic functions.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
It still does not do division however. Strange that. Considering that it does all of the other arithmetic functions.

I just tried and get the same thing. What's really weird is that S Voice on my Note 3 doesn't do any math functions but Google Voice does.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I just asked S-Voice if she was better than SIRI and the reply was "I like to think I am".

I asked how old am I, as well as a few celebrities and it answered correctly.

Who was the president in 1999 and replied; William Jefferson Blythe III..well we know it was Clinton, so some stuff may be inacurate.

***Note: my son has an iPhone and SIRI gave the exact answer William JB. so they are both wrong....lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
My gear 2 does not answer these questions it says function not supported please check the help.
really annoying it basically on my gear 2 is a way to reply to texts and voice control gear 2 apps open and thats about it (it answers weather questions only.)

I would reset your gear and see if that helps.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site

I think it excelled in S-Voice school in most subjects but it's still on a first or second grade level for math...lol