Gear 2 and Fleksy

bendernyc

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I thought this was supposed to support the fleksy keyboard out of the box? if not is it possible to get it on there? This would be huge thx - Chris

studentbuddha

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I can't find the keyboard. So far, all I can see we can reply with is customizable templates, S-Voice dictation or emoticons.

Posted via Android Central App

Vanlome

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually just got off the phone with samsung. I dont know if she knew what she was talking about, but she told me my gear 2 should have the keyboard and since it does not it must be broken and I should return it.

studentbuddha

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I think she is wrong, or loads of people all have the same defect in their device. I just don't see her scenario as very likely. I'm going to wait awhile. CNET or Sammobile or another site should take note and post an article soon. I suspect an update will follow in time.

mklabove

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Samsung tech support - she said those other apps will be available through the Gear Manager -- someday. No dates, no time frame, but -- they're coming! So we wait.
She had to go away for a while and check with someone - the rep wasn't aware of the issue at all.

Keith

Vanlome

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I am kinda feeling the same way. The physical watch feels a lot better but the software and capabilities actually seemed to have gotten worse.

Last edited:

ahchah08

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. I wanted Fleksy out of the box. And I only have like 10 apps in Samsung Apps. Most of them being Clock themes.... you think a root will be coming to the gear 2 eventually?

bendernyc

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I received this reply this morning, we'll see what "very soon" means

Dimitris Verdelis tickets@fleksy.uservoice.com
3:32 AM (7 hours ago)

to me
Hello,

Thanks for contacting us.

It will be very available very soon. Thanks for your patience.

Do not hesitate to contact us again, we are happy to respond.

Regards,
Dimitris Verdelis
Community and Support Coordinator
Helpful? Click to give Dimitris Verdelis thanks!

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I love the device. I feel there are many upgrades over the Galaxy Gear. By no means a downgrade. I guess I'm more patient than some. Call me crazy, but I am willing to wait a few weeks before my frustration rises to the level of being "pissed." Goodness gracious. Deep breaths.

bubbajan21

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I too have been very disappointed at the lack of apps in the Samsung App Store. I keep thinking maybe I'm missing something since I have been reading for weeks about all of the partners samsung has to create watch apps and with the sdk having been released weeks ago. I guess all we can do is wait at this point...

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
BMW, CNN, Conde Nast, Expedia, eBay, Evernote, Feedly, Garmin, GM , iControl, Line, Path, Runtastic, Volkswagen, Weather Channel, Fleksy and Under Armour were all used to promote the Gear 2/Gear 2 Neo and NONE of them are yet present. False advertising? Only thing I can suggest is to take your complaints to the source. Express your anger if you wish. Tweet @Samsungtweets and @SamsungSupport.

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I just got the Gear2 yesterday and was also bummed about no fleksy. I went to BB this a.m. to talk to a Samsung rep and he was unaware of Fleksy launching on the gear2 and said it was not in the gear2 training he did. He hopped online to check it out and came to the conclusion that Fleksy was showcasing their capability on the gear2 and that didn't mean Samsung would launch with it even though that differs from the Fleksy website. Hopefully we'll have some more info soon.

rosedoll

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I contact fleshy them self and it is not yet available... soon to be... is what the told me.... I'm excited for it. As well as other developers to release apps... it is behind on apps because of the new os

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Gear2 yesterday and was also bummed about no fleksy. I went to BB this a.m. to talk to a Samsung rep and he was unaware of Fleksy launching on the gear2 and said it was not in the gear2 training he did. He hopped online to check it out and came to the conclusion that Fleksy was showcasing their capability on the gear2 and that didn't mean Samsung would launch with it even though that differs from the Fleksy website. Hopefully we'll have some more info soon.

Minuum has also shown their capability on a smart watch - I LOVE minuum and think it's a great idea, however I will not be tapping out massive emails or texts on my watch...just something more custom than the templates. HOWEVER... S-Voice is night and DAY different from S-Voice on my Note 3 - so I've been using it with 98% accuracy, so for now, that works for me.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This is part of the reason I got the gear 2, this story is 6 weeks old.

Fleksy Keyboard Now Available on the New Samsung Gear 2 | Fleksy

That website also shows threaded messages on the watch..

"Sending and replying to text messages from the Gear 2 will work in the same way users text message on their smart device. Users will be able to access all contact information, messages and threads allowing them to compose, send and reply to messages instantly from their Gear device using the Fleksy keyboard." via Fleksy Keyboard Now Available on the New Samsung Gear 2 (PRWeb)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca