Install custom ringtones and notification sounds on the gear 2 Neo??

damen888

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I could do this with my original Galaxy Gear but has anyone figure out how to install your own ring/notify tones on the Gear 2 Neo's? I can see the G2 Neo content, have tried creating /Notifications and /Ringtones and putting the files in there still no luck, would love to know how to do this if possible, if not, I hope Samsung will fix this in the next update. Customizing tones is huge these days, I can't imagine not allowing end-users to do this. Also, Watch Styler doesn't work anymore and I loved making my own faces, I know this is because of the Tizen OS but there's gotta be a way. Other then these issues, the G2 Neo is a wicked watch.

Thx in advance!

Damen

Lane Jasper1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
LOVE IT! I returned my gear first gen and went with gear 2 neo (could care less about camera) and loving it!! I got 50.00 off to through ATT (ONLY) For signing up for free IRIS prepaid American express debit card so out the door was 152.00 WOOT! Saved 50.00!
Now hoping a root method come soon to load custom watch faces. Anyone know how?

Index77

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I am a Gear developer and I was surprised to read in the SDK that Ringtone folder is read only (also hidden) and therefore you can't add more ringtones sadly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech