If you're having trouble installing apps on your Gear 2

sashapave

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't figure out why my Note3 wasn't installing any apps until this: A great post in the Verizon Note3 forum:

I picked up the Gear 2 yesterday and I'm loving it so far, the only problem I have had was installing apps through the Samsung Apps link in Gear Manager. It was wrecking my brains all day, but I figured it out.... I reinstalled Samsung Apps through this link Samsung Apps (Pick the one for phones. Don't do the tablet one!) After that, no problems other than the barren appstore.

I hope this helps someone, if not at least it helped me. Be blessed.

Batman8888

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I was having the exact same problem with my Gear 2 where I couldn't install ANY apps no matter what! I tried the optional link above in this post to the Samsung Apps but with no luck at all. Then, out of frustration I did a Factory Data Reset on my Note 3, as well as on my Gear 2 (which still didn't solve the problem), but THEN I installed the Samsung Apps from the link above, and that did the trick. Not only am I able to install apps now on my Gear 2, but the reset also helped with the connection back and forth between my Gear 1 and Gear 2. It appears that these devices prefer a "clean install" which helps them work much better, especially if you already had the Gear 1 and all it's software already installed.

After having the Gear 2 for two weeks now, I am finally able to do something with it. Before this, I could not get ANY notifications at all or install any apps, along with a few other problems which made my Gear 2 almost useless, so I had to try something. I spoke to Samsung tech support almost daily but they could never resolve the problems.

If all else is failing, try it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL