Conserving Battery Life

jbak3r

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
What's the best way to save battery life? Do you all keep Bluetooth on all day or only while you drive? Just wanna see what others are doing.

Thanks

Trent9810

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I keep the BT on all day, I use it for running and med msg checking thru the day. And i stll get 3 days of use from one charge. I do however have the brightness low and screen only on when i hit the home button.

MasterElwood

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I use it day and night (sleep tracking) - and always on Bluetooth. Brightness Level 4.

With wake up screen on movement I get solid 2 days / nights.

With only on via Homebutton I get 3 days / nights.

With a very dark wallpaper about a day more.

I am very happy with the battery life.

BTW: with Bluetooth connection to my phone on - 7 hours sleep recording uses about 5% battery.

I think that is awesome as well.

Sent from my SM-G900F using AC Forums mobile app

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting an average of 4 days out of my watch. My setting s at set at vibrate for sound. 2 for brightness. Black background. And I routinely use the voice on with a double press and emails and texting regularly

Posted via Android Central App

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting an average of 4 days out of my watch. My setting s at set at vibrate for sound. 2 for brightness. Black background. And I routinely use the voice on with a double press and emails and texting regularly

Update. ... I've recently changed from the motion sensor of waking up the clock to the button only feature and didn't change anything else, and now I'm getting at least 13 and half hours and have 91% battery left. I will keep monitoring it and report back soon after its been a full day or longer.

Update #2... 37 hours later, settings the same and have 75% battery left on watch.

Update #3... Currently is been 64 hours now from one charge and my battery is at 49%. I haven't changed any settings and I've answered more calls today than I have in the last few days on it. So far. .. I'm very impressed with the battery life on this watch.

Update #4... As of this writing, it's been 108 and half hours on one charge and I currently have 27% battery still left.

Update #5... I ended up getting 120 hours out of my watch, till I got the message at 15% left, stating that it needed to be plugged in for charging. I didn't run the battery any lower because I don't know if it drains quicker or not beyond that point. Also I wouldn't have been able to charge it if it drain quick because I want around a charging source at the moment.

Conclusion. ... Anyone should should easily get the specified 3 days on a full charge, no questions asked. I will stick with my 4 to 5 days depending on how I use mine. For the most part I do use the heart rate monitor, I make and receive calls, I send and receive texts. I receive emails and the appy alerts along with news Republic and requallable notices. And set the display to 2 during the day as it's plenty bright for outdoors and 1 for night and button on only to view the clock with the black background.

Last edited:

dimakan

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Motion sensor is a huge battery killer. We need some kind of quick settings button. I think it was promised to be available at launch. Ability to quickly turn sleep monitoring on and turn watch-on from motion off, for example.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Motion sensor is a huge battery killer. We need some kind of quick settings button. I think it was promised to be available at launch. Ability to quickly turn sleep monitoring on and turn watch-on from motion off, for example.

I quicker way to do this would be great. I change this setting every night and then in the morning but going into the phone app is quite cumbersome.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
What's the best way to save battery life? Do you all keep Bluetooth on all day or only while you drive? Just wanna see what others are doing.

Thanks

I have auto activate off, brightness set to 3. I am on day 2 and my battery is at 83 percent as I check right now.

Hufza

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I quicker way to do this would be great. I change this setting every night and then in the morning but going into the phone app is quite cumbersome.

Why do you change it every night? When I set my watch to sleep mode and block notifications while sleeping, the motion-on turns automatically off.

Batman8888

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
By chance, are any of you using Watch Styler for various custom watch faces? I seemed to notice a serious drop in battery life right around the same time that the app came out...unfortunately, I am hooked on the custom faces since using them on my Gear 1. So I'm not sure if I will make any changes, but just curious if the app is the reason for the variance.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Update. ... I've recently changed from the motion sensor of waking up the clock to the button only feature and didn't change anything else, and now I'm getting at least 13 and half hours and have 91% battery left. I will keep monitoring it and report back soon after its been a full day or longer.

Update #2... 37 hours later, settings the same and have 75% battery left on watch.

Update #3... Currently is been 64 hours now from one charge and my battery is at 49%. I haven't changed any settings and I've answered more calls today than I have in the last few days on it. So far. .. I'm very impressed with the battery life on this watch.

Update #4... As of this writing, it's been 108 and half hours on one charge and I currently have 27% battery still left.

Update #5... I ended up getting 120 hours out of my watch, till I got the message at 15% left, stating that it needed to be plugged in for charging. I didn't run the battery any lower because I don't know if it drains quicker or not beyond that point. Also I wouldn't have been able to charge it if it drain quick because I want around a charging source at the moment.

Conclusion. ... Anyone should should easily get the specified 3 days on a full charge, no questions asked. I will stick with my 4 to 5 days depending on how I use mine. For the most part I do use the heart rate monitor, I make and receive calls, I send and receive texts. I receive emails and the appy alerts along with news Republic and requallable notices. And set the display to 2 during the day as it's plenty bright for outdoors and 1 for night and button on only to view the clock with the black background.

Do you turn it off at night?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Do I turn what off at night? I don't turn anything off on the watch. I get notifications all through the night but don't check them till morning. I have the watch screen set to timeout in 30 seconds. Other than that that's it. I also loaded Reqallable and have that check my emails and all other notifications, and the bluetooth stays connected to my phone 24 x 7 as long as it's in range.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Do I turn what off at night? I don't turn anything off on the watch. I get notifications all through the night but don't check them till morning. I have the watch screen set to timeout in 30 seconds. Other than that that's it. I also loaded Reqallable and have that check my emails and all other notifications, and the bluetooth stays connected to my phone 24 x 7 as long as is in range.

Thanks that was my question, so you leave the watch on all night. I swapped mine for a new one, the settings are the lowest. I'm gonna see if I can get those numbers.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
As of this post, I've fully charged my watch last night, it's been 13 hrs and I've used the watch more with voice texting and I'm down 16% on watch battery. And this is also using a watch styler clock face ...But I'll keep you posted.

Last edited:

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
By chance, are any of you using Watch Styler for various custom watch faces? I seemed to notice a serious drop in battery life right around the same time that the app came out...unfortunately, I am hooked on the custom faces since using them on my Gear 1. So I'm not sure if I will make any changes, but just curious if the app is the reason for the variance.

I am testing that now so back to the plain ones that came with the watch. Will let you know in a day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs