Conserving Battery Life

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I too just started using a watch styler face I created last night. Good thought though on the battery drainage issue if any. I just posted a black and white Lion head that I created one over in the watch faces area that was recently created. If interested I'll upload the file.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
So far with:
Display at 2, screen timeout at 10 sec, wake to button only, and a dark background with dark watch.

6:55pm to 3:01am battery at 88% (made some phone calls & text messages), leaving watch on and connected to phone, going night night, will report back later.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
9:03am battery at 79%, (6hrs battery drain of 9%, no notifications during that period).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
This is my 2nd update with using the watch styler as clock. .. I've been on now for 38 1/2 hrs and am at 44% battery life left.

Posted via Android Central App

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
This is my 2nd update with using the watch styler as clock. .. I've been on now for 38 1/2 hrs and am at 44% battery life left.

I'm doing the test without WatchStyler, display @ 2, Screen 10 sec, Wake to button, on thru out the night, phone calls & sms (don't want email notifications) so far at 30 hrs, battery at 49%.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm already noticing a big difference between a watch styler face and the black default face with the 3 shortcuts on it, which is what I used during my first 4 - 5 day test. But I'll wait this current test out and perform another test before really choosing best battery life versus what features I prefer. .. Happy testing. ..

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm already noticing a big difference between a watch styler face and the black default face with the 3 shortcuts on it, which is what I used during my first 4 - 5 day test. But I'll wait this current test out and perform another test before really choosing best battery life versus what features I prefer. .. Happy testing. ..

What's the difference in battery time wise, is it a big one? And what are your settings?
The reason I ask is because I am using a dark clock watch that I downloaded from the store (not WatchStyler) and at 38 & 1/2 hrs my battery is at 43%, seems we are at the same point.

Will include the pic so we can decide if maybe this face uses more battery than the default ones.

Last edited:

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I paid the $1 for this one because I love it. Would this use more battery than the default clock that has the three icons on it?

Attachments

• 1399209583919.jpg
    1399209583919.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 18

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Not being snarky, I'm genuinely curious. Is this just a fun testing process for you guys? To see just how far you can make the watch last? Or is this a real concern? Personally, I like my Gear as big and bright as possible. I don't mind charging it. Thanks!

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Not being snarky, I'm genuinely curious. Is this just a fun testing process for you guys? To see just how far you can make the watch last? Or is this a real concern? Personally, I like my Gear as big and bright as possible. I don't mind charging it. Thanks!

For me it's a test to see how far I can make it last. I would like to not have to charge it every night but I will if I must. I love my Neo.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
With the exception of the watch face. .. My settings are: brightness @ 2 for daytime, brightness at night or inside I change to 1. Vibrate for all sound and notifications including ringtone. Bluetooth is on all the time. Button only to check my time. I periodically check my heart rate. And periodically manually check notifications because of the weakness of the vibrate but 90% of the time I do feel it vibrate.

I think that the watch styler allows for a custom background, Thera more detail and it may be enough to draw a little more out of the battery. But that's just my opinion.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I paid the $1 for this one because I love it. Would this use more battery than the default clock that has the three icons on it?

Not sure but I thought that same thing too.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

for me. . Just for fun to see how long I can get the battery to last. Lol.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Here's the one I'm using now with watch styler--->
depype3a.jpg

This is the one I used when I got close to 5 days use--->
uzezu4ug.jpg

I forgot to mention that my screen time out is set on 15 seconds.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
No problems with mine. Solid as a rock

Mine is about the same except timeout at 10 sec and screen at 2, my next test will be with it at 1. I want to get 5 days (the longest I got was 3.5 but I turned it off at night). Do you get a lot of notifications, I only have sms and phone.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine is about the same except timeout at 10 sec and screen at 2, my next test will be with it at 1. I want to get 5 days (the longest I got was 3.5 but I turned it off at night). Do you get a lot of notifications, I only have sms and phone.

Yeah I do get allot of notifications. Currently I'm at 19% battery remaining and it's been 54 hours so far. I will post again around 1 am.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I do get allot of notifications. Currently I'm at 19% battery remaining and it's been 54 hours so far. I will post again around 1 am.

I am at 46 hrs and batteries at 29% (had some phone calls and sms, used pedometer, exercise walked an hour and heart monitor).

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site

Lol I am at 54 hrs and battery's at...wait for it....19%... that's funny with moderate usage today.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
It's 5 minutes to 1 am my time, 63 hours later and my watch battery is at 9% remaining. I'm going to check it one last time and update this post in about 9 hours. Hopefully this'll last the rest of the night.

Last edited:

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Lol I am at 54 hrs and battery's at...wait for it....19%... that's funny with moderate usage today.

That is so weird. . We've come up with the same response. . That's interesting. Ha.