Conserving Battery Life

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I know that's what I said...I read ready on the xda development site and someone mentioned a sleep function, 1) is that different or is that the screen timeout. 2) Do you ever use the pedometer, I do and it resets itself daily, gonna do next test with that off to see if there's a difference and 3) what's your hrs and battery %?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I know that's what I said...I read ready on the xda development site and someone mentioned a sleep function, 1) is that different or is that the screen timeout. 2) Do you ever use the pedometer, I do and it resets itself daily, gonna do next test with that off to see if there's a difference and 3) what's your hrs and battery %?

I've not gone to sleep yet but I beget if I'm gonna be worth anything. . To answer your questions:

1) I know the watch had a sleep monitoring function in it, which if you use it , it's supposed to help monitor your sleep schedule of when your asleep and awake but it requires you to start and stop that function as you awake the just b4 you fall asleep. So I don't think they're talking about the screen time out setting. (I may be wrong on that unless you can ask them from xda site).

2) No, I've not used the pedometer as of yet.

3) as of this posting... I'm at 65 hours and minutes with a battery life of 8% remaining.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Last conclusion on my personal test. .. There is no doubt in my mind that anyone based on average use, shouldn't get 3 full days out of their watch on a single charge. But if you are doing something that taxes the device then obviously you won't get 3 days out of it.

I've just finished conducting a personal test to see whether or not the style of watch face could play a factor in Battery performance.

I have gotten to the tee, 72 hours and 15 mins from a single charge, using a watch style face that I created from a black and white Lion head.

Using button on only, screen brightness set to 1 for indoors use and then set to 2 for outdoors use. Screen time out to 15 seconds. I use the device moderately in my opinion. Texting, checking emails via reqallable, answering calls, checking weather periodically, and using the heart rate monitor twice a day maybe 3 times.

With these settings as mentioned I no doubtedly got exactly 72 hours from a single charge.

A week ago I got close to 5 days use from a single charge ?i don't believe I changed my habits of use except that I was using one of the black icon screens with the 3 shortcuts of choice on the watch. I will try that one again to make certain that is a difference in watch face or my habits.

I will not post daily updates but I will let you know my results. Thanks to anyone reading or following. Have a great day.

Posted via Android Central App

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I ended as well.... settings about the same, except using default clock watch (one of the $1 ones, black) brightness at 2, Screen 10 sec & pedometer auto on daily, with some heart rate monitoring. Texting & voice calls. I got 3 days and an hr, it's still at 1% but it disconnects from phone at 2 or 1%, I'm just waiting for it to turn off. Lol

My next test will be at 1% and 2 (only when needed) withOUT the pedometer. Just want to see if I can get 5 days. Will be looking for your report.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
B4 you tire of me, I test my items up until my return period or until I'm completely satisfied whichever comes sooner. That being said, I charged the watch to 100% last night and immediately turned it off. I just turned it on ten mins ago and it was at 99% and it immediately went to 98%. I would accept if I had left it on...but it was turned off. I know batteries can loose juice over time, but when it's off that should happen in maybe a full day or 2 days, not in 8 hrs, correct?

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
B4 you tire of me, I test my items up until my return period or until I'm completely satisfied whichever comes sooner. That being said, I charged the watch to 100% last night and immediately turned it off. I just turned it on ten mins ago and it was at 99% and it immediately went to 98%. I would accept if I had left it on...but it was turned off. I know batteries can loose juice over time, but when it's off that should happen in maybe a full day or 2 days, not in 8 hrs, correct?

I also might say that there may be more to this watch, upon turning it on its like a mini computer. It too has to boot up and initialize all of its necessary settings before it sells in. I experienced similar process with my Galaxy Note 2. I've rebooted or restarted it upon getting a full charge and have seen it drop down 2% right off the bat. So it doesn't surprise me to see the watch drop 1% after turning it back on.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Here's a little something I did yesterday. .. sometime back I had purchased one of these, http://www.cellphoneshop.net/microb...8&cadevice=m&gclid=CLjF28-Hmb4CFdRQOgodGmwAZQ , and wondered if it were possible to charge the watch from my Galaxy Note 2, as long as I also plugged in a micro sd cable from the adapter to my watch. And sure enough, from a 1% remaining battery on the watch and 4 hours later I was able to get a 100% charge to the watch from my smartphone. Of course it took my phone down at a rate of 10% /per hour of charge to the watch.

So my conclusion here. .. If your desperate for a charge and your phone is fully charged, buy an OTG cable and carry a micro USB cable in your pocket and you'll be good to go.

Currently I'm at 72% Battery on the watch and is been on now for 36 hours.

And. .. Just to get this out there, I tried to charge my watch from 3 different battery sources and none work. I have a zagg, a my charge, and a Chinese power pack and the watch would not accept any of those. Do is a very temperamental charging dock to the watch.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
That's a great idea! I never thought about charging another device from my OTG cable.

I've played with allot of electronics over the past 18 yrs. And curiosity had always gotten me either intrigued or in trouble, lol. . Just had to try it on a whim. ..

And if you know someone who's really talented to do some sewing, with a 10 foot micro USB cable with a right right angle plug, you can have them sew in the cable into a summer or winter jacket and be wired all the time through the arm sleeve and then down the inside of the jacket so it looks a little more inconspicuous going from the watch to the phone.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Here's a little something I did yesterday. .. sometime back I had purchased one of these, http://www.cellphoneshop.net/microb...8&cadevice=m&gclid=CLjF28-Hmb4CFdRQOgodGmwAZQ , and wondered if it were possible to charge the watch from my Galaxy Note 2, as long as I also plugged in a micro sd cable from the adapter to my watch. And sure enough, from a 1% remaining battery on the watch and 4 hours later I was able to get a 100% charge to the watch from my smartphone. Of course it took my phone down at a rate of 10% /per hour of charge to the watch.

So my conclusion here. .. If your desperate for a charge and your phone is fully charged, buy an OTG cable and carry a micro USB cable in your pocket and you'll be good to go.

And. .. Just to get this out there, I tried to charge my watch from 3 different battery sources and none work. I have a zagg, a my charge, and a Chinese power pack and the watch would not accept any of those. Do is a very temperamental charging dock to the watch.

Lol...I have three different external battery packs from New Trent (from my iPhone days) and I tried to charge the watch and it was a No go as well...

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site

Did you use it? Same settings, maybe less usage?

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Same settings except for now I'm back to my first watch screen. The black one with the three shortcuts on it.

I'm thinking and hoping to get at least 4 days on this one. But I do know that the more I use the voice texting and phone calls the more it'll drain.

As for me and my Samsung. .. I'm keeping the watch. .I foresee a long a techy relationship here. .. lol besides my phone, it's got to be the most expensive purchase I've made on myself---> a watch no less. .. lol, I'm really waiting for the galaxy note 4 In November after its officially announced in September by Samsung.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
There is one variable that I had overlooked while I was testing the longevity of my watch based on settings and that is, that because I always keep the watch on. ..I frequently get up in the middle of the night and the distance between the watch and phone are more than the length of communication. So when it loses connection I'm certain that it's a quicker battery drain for a few moments at a time and over a course of a few days I believe one could lose an extra 2 to 3% more life.

Just a little something to think about as you walk around the house or go outside if the phone isn't attached to your hip.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Same settings except for now I'm back to my first watch screen. The black one with the three shortcuts on it.

I'm thinking and hoping to get at least 4 days on this one. But I do know that the more I use the voice texting and phone calls the more it'll drain.

As for me and my Samsung. .. I'm keeping the watch. .I foresee a long a techy relationship here. .. lol besides my phone, it's got to be the most expensive purchase I've made on myself---> a watch no less. .. lol, I'm really waiting for the galaxy note 4 In November after its officially announced in September by Samsung.

That watch face is going to be the next test for me. Then I'm going to test it by turning it off every night to see how many more days I can get. I am in love with this watch and have already decided it's a keeper.

I know what you mean about the two being the most expensive thing you buy. Even though I am a female, I buy techy stuff over clothes and shoes any day of the week. I do buy bracelets to compliment my watch though;).

More than likely I will wait for the 5, UNLESS the 4 has some STELLAR upgraded features.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey there Dorrien...
And others. ..
.... I have used my watch quite extensively today, from 6am to the present time at 12am as of this posting.

-schedule for watch face
-1 for indoors, 2 for outdoors
-I took a few calls
-I received texts
-I responded with voice texts
-I've read emails via Reqallable
- checked the weather
- performed 2 heart rate tests
- I showed it off

My battery level is now at 79% and that's with 18 hours of use.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith