No emails?? Help

swisstrader

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Just got my Gear 2 and while text messages are fine, which tells me it has paired correctly, I do not receive any EMAIL messages. Just says "NO emails". Any idea how I get emails to appear?

Also, is there a way to type and send text messages back to people without using the canned template answers of "what's up" etc? Seems annoying that I can't type my own messages but I'm just guessing I'm missing something.

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately the only option for texts other than using S voice is to revise the canned messages to be less generic. It would be pretty tough for most people to type out texts on the screen anyway.

-via Android Central App on GWaLL's S5

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
For the emails, make sure you have email or Gmail or Yahoo mail or whatever ticked in the Gear Manager Notification menu. Might take some tweaking to avoid multiple notifications.
You can use S Voice to dictate messages, no keyboard available yet. To change your input method when replying, click the 3 lines in the top right corner of the watch display, then click the sprocket (gear. Get it? ;) ) next to "Reply" and pick your desired method. Replies are only available for sms messages for now.
Also, you can add/edit the canned responses-- Gear Manager> Settings>Quick Respones(+ or click on existing phrase)

swisstrader

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Now the gear works for one email and not my second email, even though both emails are checked off in settings on Gear manager...doesn't work for my optonline account. Tried to delete and then add the account but doesn't allow me to delete.

Also says "only one email account registered" on the Gear when I go to check emails.

Any suggestions?

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
There are two active email threads running right now. You might want to check the other one for answers, as well safe others that were posted in the last few weeks. Good luck.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately the only option for texts other than using S voice is to revise the canned messages to be less generic. It would be pretty tough for most people to type out texts on the screen anyway.

-via Android Central App on GWaLL's S5

Not to mention that punching out a reply would get old real fast. My wrist cramps up when I am deleting selective alerts and messages from the Gear 2. I can't imagine what it would be like with a keyboard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman