Samsung Confirms Plans for...

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
... Android Wear? Say what? What does this mean for us? Wondering if the G2 will even get all the apps that were promised now or will that be dumped like the original GG apparently has been. Not sure what to make of this:

What the Galaxy Gear taught Samsung about smartwatches

This quote was taken from one of the links within the above link:

"Even so, Samsung plans to introduce Android-based smartwatch later this year, Yoon said."

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I think Samsung will push out anything/everything that may have been promised. I would hope they learned a lot with the release of the Galaxy Gear and improve upon that experience with the G2 series - only time will tell.

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
And that is why I didn't purchase the Gear2. With the upcoming (summer) launch of androidWear, I'm happy keeping my first generation gear paired with my S5. The moto360 seems great, and I imagine samsung will release a new gear that runs androidWear to compete. I'll be purchasing one at launch.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Smart choice, I too am waiting for Moto 360. Once that comes out I will sell the gear 2

And that is why I didn't purchase the Gear2. With the upcoming (summer) launch of androidWear, I'm happy keeping my first generation gear paired with my S5. The moto360 seems great, and I imagine samsung will release a new gear that runs androidWear to compete. I'll be purchasing one at launch.

furiousyellow

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully, Samsung will keep the local storage of the Gear 2 line that will allow you use some features like music without the phone. That's one of the main attractions to me. If I had to choose between a Gear 2 with local storage and Android Wear Gear without it, I'd probably choose the Gear 2.

dimakan

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Or they can convert Gear 2 to Google Wear OS, just like they are converting original Gear to Tizen now. I am not an expert in firmware, though. Can Gear 2 be programmed to run on Google Wear, anybody knows?

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if the OS can be converted but Samsung says they're going to release an Android Wear based smart watch later this year. Three within a year? Gimme a break. They rushed their smart watches to the market no doubt. I just hope they don't completely abandon the present watches. I've only seen three new apps for the original GG in the past few months and they're useless games at 3-4 bux a pop each. Still no simple calculator. Let's see what happens with the G2 until the new one is released.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03