Gear 2 Apps in Samsung Apps

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I have an S5 and I have both toggles and watch styler.

Thanks Hufza. Are you in the US? I can't figure out why I'm missing the styler. That's the ONE app that I actually really would like. I'm on the west coast...new neo and S5. All my firmware is up to date and I reinstalled gear manager. Blah...

Posted via Android Central App

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Still no show here, AT&T, S5 and Neo, East Coast. Reset the Neo, still nothing. Moderately frustrating......

Same boat. What are your thoughts? Do you think it's a defective device issue or a regional/ device type/ software issue?

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
After browsing xda forums, I think the discrepancies may be a result of varied roms that have been fine tuned per carrier and device type. Not all apps or stores are playing nicely with the phones.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
After browsing xda forums, I think the discrepancies may be a result of varied roms that have been fine tuned per carrier and device type. Not all apps or stores are playing nicely with the phones.

So now I need to add a build # line to the spreadsheet?!?! lol

mustc

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Well both toggles and Styler are showing up on the new tab under utilities for me. I have a Verizon S3. We may have to chalk this one up to poor software on the server side of the App Store.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Well both toggles and Styler are showing up on the new tab under utilities for me. I have a Verizon S3. We may have to chalk this one up to poor software on the server side of the App Store.

Do you have Feedly?

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I just used the Watch On Remote last night, it works pretty good for the TV. Which I could get it to work with the Comcast box.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Saccs

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't always wear my watch unless I'm out and about... Is there a way to check for new apps in the app store with going thru the Gear Manager App? I've tried going directly to the Samsung App store and doing a search but nothing comes up...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BigJay1416

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I have an S5 and my girlfriend has an S4 we both have the gear 2 neo, we have everything updated we are both in Midwest both on Verizon but she has more apps available on her gear store than I do doesn't make any sense to me!

dimakan

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Maybe there are more apps compatible with 4.2/4.3 than with 4.4? I assume 4.4 apps are backwards compatible, but 4.2/4.3 is much more widely used so far. So developers go with 4.2/4.3 version for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz