Anyone else missing Watch Styler, Toggles, etc?

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Sorry....I don't mean to beat a dead horse but I'm curious as to why the app store on gear manager isn't consistent across the board. I'm missing these apps, yet have a couple that another may not have, and so on. Does anyone know if these are being released by carrier, phone model, region? I know I just need to be patient, but thanks for any thoughts or tips! :) AT&T S5, gear 2 neo. All firmware up to date...

Posted via Android Central App

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it has anything to with carriers since the watch is not carrier specific. Are you sure that the Gear manager is up to date along with the Samsung apps store? Have you tried to reboot or do a system partition cache wipe?

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Sorry....I don't mean to beat a dead horse but I'm curious as to why the app store on gear manager isn't consistent across the board. I'm missing these apps, yet have a couple that another may not have, and so on. Does anyone know if these are being released by carrier, phone model, region? I know I just need to be patient, but thanks for any thoughts or tips! :) AT&T S5, gear 2 neo. All firmware up to date...

Maybe someone can create a Google doc, listing apps/phone model/carrier/region that we can all add to and edit? Won't get apps to us any faster, but at least we'll have an idea of some sort of pattern.
I may have time today, but my spreadsheet skills are lacking. Anyone else want to take the torch?

UPDATE: Started a sheet, but please tweak it if you can, to make it more useful/informative! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SEFIBCT5tA4TEBtIUdtKt9CiZASuUlq-TTWe5cjLD90/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Is it just the Notes that have the Toggles and Watch Styler in their Gear app stores...some embedded code that's not allowing certain devices to see these or support them in their stores? I have a galaxy s5. I have feedly yet no styler. Lizard: I think you have styler yet no feedly?

BigJay1416

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I have an S5 and my girlfriend has an S4 we both have the gear 2 neo, we have everything updated we are both in Midwest both on Verizon but she has more apps available on her gear store than I do doesn't make any sense to me!

ex-28

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
same problem here on rogers in Canada
I go to gear manager>Samsung apps and no watch styler found.
I load the apk from gearfaces.com and it loads but throws an error at the end app not installed. (but it still works)
so I open up watch styler and make a theme go to gear manager and try to load it under homescreen styler>watch and the watch styler doesn't show up.

djrobinn

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
same problem here on rogers in Canada
I go to gear manager>Samsung apps and no watch styler found.
I load the apk from gearfaces.com and it loads but throws an error at the end app not installed. (but it still works)
so I open up watch styler and make a theme go to gear manager and try to load it under homescreen styler>watch and the watch styler doesn't show up.

Yes, exactly what I'm going through. The version of Watch Styler you have (the .apk) is for the original Gear, not Gear 2. Watch Styler doesn't show up as a pick in my clock faces selection on the phone either.

Maybe someone will post the apk for the Watch Styler for Gear 2. Someone who has Watch Styler running for Gear 2, can use this tool to extract the .apk for Watch Styler and post here to benefit everyone. Thanks:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=net.sylark.apkextractor&token=nZ1nouo3

Last edited:

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Let me start by saying I have never done anything like this before so I am clueless.

I used the extractor you recommended. Once I get it extracted, it gives me options to email or otherwise attach it to a message, but not to this forum. I found the extracted file in my phone storage. How do I get it to post or attach here?

djrobinn

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Let me start by saying I have never done anything like this before so I am clueless.

I used the extractor you recommended. Once I get it extracted, it gives me options to email or otherwise attach it to a message, but not to this forum. I found the extracted file in my phone storage. How do I get it to post or attach here?

Wow... that's super Jackson!!

I PM'd you my email. But you can always upload to your google drive or dropbox in addition, and share that link

djrobinn

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
For those who are following this thread, Jackson was kind enough to extract the APKs and send them to me. But upon trying to install, I got the same error message "Failed to install the app.", and yet Watch Styler opens, and I can manipulate the themes, then it opens Gear Manager and I choose the Clocks tab, but I still can't see an option to choose "Watch Styler" there... this blows...

I get the same error message "Failed to install the app." but yet, the program does open, it just doesn't have any affect on the watch.

I've given up!

Last edited:

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
See my posts about accessing a Gear 2, higher up in this thread and another. On the Gear 2 Neo, watch styler has to be downloaded via Samsung Apps to be integrated into Gear Manager. Is there a best buy or similar with a Gear 2 you can pair with? You just need to pair to 2, download, create backup, unpair 2, reset neo, repair neo and load that backup. Watch Styler will remain on your phone and in Gear Manager...clocks. Hopefully they fix this soon!

djrobinn

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
See my posts about accessing a Gear 2, higher up in this thread and another. On the Gear 2 Neo, watch styler has to be downloaded via Samsung Apps to be integrated into Gear Manager. Is there a best buy or similar with a Gear 2 you can pair with? You just need to pair to 2, download, create backup, unpair 2, reset neo, repair neo and load that backup. Watch Styler will remain on your phone and in Gear Manager...clocks. Hopefully they fix this soon!

U4icLab... u da man! I haven't tried this solution yet but I believe this will work. Will find a BestBuy or equivalent with open access to smart watches and report back... thanks!!

djrobinn

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site

What do you mean when you say "repair neo"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs