Anyone else missing Watch Styler, Toggles, etc?

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
To pair to the gear 2, you will need to disconnect or un-pair the neo. Once connected to the Gear 2, going into Gear Manager, Samsung Apps, you can download watch styler, toggles, etc via your account officially, which will allow integration into gear manager. Then, go into settings in gear manager while still paired to the gear 2 and create a backup.
The key is to load that backup to your neo. For this to happen, you need to reset your neo while it's disconnected. Then, go into bluetooth settings and unpair the gear 2. Go back into gear manager and find your neo via scanning...pair it. It will set it up new, but you will have the option to restore via backup, the same backup that was created for the gear 2. Once restored, watch styler will remain in the home screen styler clock tab and watch styler on your phone will sync as it should. I did this with my galaxy s5 and neo as a work-around until they release a fix :). Feel free to pm me for exact step by step. Good luck! You can then setup your watch the way you had it and reinstall previous apps by going into Gear Manager...Samsung Apps...three dot settings in upper right, then clicking purchased. If Purchased doesn't appear, go into Samsung Apps on the phone first, settings, purchased, then back into gear manager, samsung apps, etc. Weird, I know lol

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

djrobinn

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Beat me to my post :) scroll up

Thanks so much bud, for writing up such a detailed procedure to get this going...

I guess I'm just SOL, I can't find a store (here in Canada) that has any Gear 2 watches on demo... went to BestBuy (they only have the original Gear watches), went to FutureShop (they will only sell with a phone plan... weird?!), went to a Rogers Store, they don't have any on display either...

I guess I'm waiting for the fix...

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
No problem! Sorry brother. Hopefully they'll update things soon, as they should have already done by now...

BigJay1416

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Went to best buy and did what you said I now have toggle and I got watch styler to install but when I left best buy it just force closes when I try to save a watch face, which is ok ha got toggles that what I wanted most!

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Awesome! Does it force close when creating a face with the preloaded templates or when loading a theme? Mine forced closed when it searched for themes in my download folder. One of the files was messing with the others. Clearing out that folder and adding one theme at at time helped find the culprit. Clearing the cache in watch styler and gear manager may also help. Hopefully they fix this soon! Glad you got toggles! :)

Randy West1

May 10, 2014
Visit site
hello here is my issue maybe you can help? I have a note 3 and a gear 2 neo in the gear manager there is no clocks and if you go into styler there is 6 or 8 factory faces I installed the app in the gear manager is Samsung apps watch styler saved a couple faces I made but there is no extra face nor is there a watch styler in the home screen styler under clocks just the factory stuff what am I doing wrong . also I cant install any apps in the Samsung app list in the gear manager they just say loading and stay that way . I have done a soft reset hard reset and also complete wipe and started from scratch nothing helped I have called Samsung thru my carrier Verizon and there completely lost no help at all

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
New firmware? Did you flash the watch manually (if so, any tips on how?) or download from gear manager? In the US? Thanks!

djrobinn

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
New firmware? Did you flash the watch manually (if so, any tips on how?) or download from gear manager? In the US? Thanks!

In Canada on Rogers. Got a notification with an up arrow on the Gear 2 Neo icon. I went with it and got the watch to the latest firmware (ends in DD). You can also go to Gear Manager > Paired Device > Software Update > Update and see if it is available to you.

Hufza

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
About toggles, you know there is a new app doing many of the same things? Looks like it is developed by Samsung. The name is "Instant Settings". Try to download that if you still not have Toggles.

robertmarkbram

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Is it back on yet?

Samsung Support replied to me today with this:

We truly appreciate customers who take the time to let us know about their concerns with our products.
According to your email, you were not able to find the Watch Styler application on the Google Play Store for your Samsung Galaxy Note 3(SM-N9005) and Galaxy Gear. After updating your Galaxy Gear the Watch Styler app disspearred. I can certainly imagine your disappointment of not being able to fully utilise the advantages of the application. So I would not waste your precious time and will immediately provide you the details you require.

So it has been taken off the app store?

Index77

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
As a developer, I can choose the countries I want my app to be published for. I can deselect USA for example without giving any reason

Also, I can choose which devices I want my app to be published for. I tried to publish cool app and selected all devices and countries. The app worked on all devices but failed on GS4 mini.. then the app got rejected by the store for all devices

This is not good from the store, they should let the app published for those devices that passed the test.

I don't think any of my apps disappeared from the store. I think it is developers having problem with updating it or for unknown reasons, developers decided to suspend them

Click55bum

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if you guys are still looking but I had a similar problem and I downloaded Easy Installer from the play store and the new Watch Styler apk(Watch Styler_com.omnitel.appcessory.gear.watchstyler.manager_1.2.01_1201.apk) from gearface.com. I used Easy Installer to install it and I can create my own custom watch styles again!!! Woo Hoo!:D

robertmarkbram

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
So Click - you actually had the same issue then (watch styler disappeared from the store)?

I do miss watch styler, but I must say the device has greatly improved battery life with a vanilla face.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith