Gear 2 Neo + Note 3

Kishony

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I ordered the Gear 2 Neo, it should arrive in a few days. In the meanwhile i`ve read that the two dont combined very well together..
is it true??
im scared that i wont be able to use my new toy..
my firmware is 4.4.2 on the note

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
So just to confirm the note 3 from att will work with gear /gear 2/ and gear neo/ correct?

Posted via Android Central App

Oscar Cordeiro

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I use it as I did with my peeble... Just notifications. The "s health" part is a crap because instead of a cool version as the S5 users have, n3 users just have instead something called "fitness for gear" to connect the gear to the phone and the software is pointless and does not take the real advantage from the gear. N3 "s health" version does not recognise 80% of the gear functions and I cannot use it for tracking or anything else. I can introduce manually what I eat (?!). When I bought my gear I thought I could give up my endomondo software for tracking changing for something cool provided by Samsung with the bonus of hart rate sensor. Now, I can see that Samsung software for the gear on n3 sucks and despite of all requests from n3 community, Samsung is only focused on the S5 sselling.Now, my hope is turned to the endomondo, runkeeper and runstatic eventual support. Ironically, my hope for a efficient usage of the gear relies on those I intended to leave. Let's see what next month's will bring to the n3 users that bought gear 2 and neo as I.
Regards

tcjohnsson

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I use it as I did with my peeble... Just notifications. The "s health" part is a crap because instead of a cool version as the S5 users have, n3 users just have instead something called "fitness for gear" to connect the gear to the phone and the software is pointless and does not take the real advantage from the gear. N3 "s health" version does not recognise 80% of the gear functions and I cannot use it for tracking or anything else. I can introduce manually what I eat (?!). When I bought my gear I thought I could give up my endomondo software for tracking changing for something cool provided by Samsung with the bonus of hart rate sensor. Now, I can see that Samsung software for the gear on n3 sucks and despite of all requests from n3 community, Samsung is only focused on the S5 sselling.Now, my hope is turned to the endomondo, runkeeper and runstatic eventual support. Ironically, my hope for a efficient usage of the gear relies on those I intended to leave. Let's see what next month's will bring to the n3 users that bought gear 2 and neo as I.
Regards

Agreed 100%. Note 3 users are hosed with their fitness application integration. In a nutshell. there is none. Slap to the face for Note 3 owners that wanted to take advantage of the health/fitness benefits of the watch.

Compusmurf

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
If you are rooted, you can get the shealth from the s5 on your note 3. Everything works but heart rate. I am using 3.1.00000039 I believe and it works great, also have the s sleep addon. Must be rooted and have kitkat on your note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

AlexMartin0

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I am disappointed with the lack of integration of the Note 3/Gear 2 and S-Health. And I am even more worried if there ever will be. I know this is probably a canned response from Samsung support but it is a little discouraging.

Dear Alex Martin,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Telecommunications America.

After reviewing your Email, we understand that you are able to Sync S-Health with Gear 2 Neo using Samsung S5 and not with Note 3.

We understand your requirement.

We have checked all the available resources from our end and we are unable to speculate when/if S-Health will be Synced with Gear 2 Neo using Note 3 might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion. Should this become available, it will be posted on our website.

Regarding the pedometer:

With the Pedometer, you can easily keep track of the number of steps you take in a day and define goals.

1.From the Clock screen, swipe to the right to access Pedometer Watch Pedometer icon .
2.Read the Pedometer, Exercise, and Heart Rate disclaimer, and touch OK to continue.
3.Touch Start to begin counting your steps. Swipe across the screen to switch between the Pause button and the Distance and Calories display.
4.When you have achieved your step-count goal, a gold medal displays on the Pedometer screen.

Samsung always strives towards customer satisfaction. Your satisfaction is utmost important to us.

If you are looking for more details on the functionality of a product or would like to find answers to some of the questions, please access the web link below for an interactive review of some of our Samsung products.

B3t0

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I just bought my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and i found out that i can't connect to My gear 2 Neo. It was working fine in my S4. But on the Note 3 it doesn't.

Does any one have the same problem????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674