removing the protective film that normally gets removed after installation. each time I tried to remove the film on top, the protector came right off of the watch (first cleaned with windex), so being persistent I tried a couple more times and no go, so I stripped off the top film, slapped the protector back down and voila, it's stuck on just fine. If u do this be sure to round (well, a straight cut actually) the corners. Clean watch surface, good lighting, sharp scissors, dust free area, etc...
    lizardchest likes this.
    05-01-2014 11:16 AM
    Update. and not good news. While driving with the A/C blower on HIGH, I think the strong air current is what blew the protector off of my Gear 2. Right after switching to HIGH, I noticed the protector sitting on my leg. Need to come up with a protector that stays on and isn't bumpy or obscures the screen like the matte finish films do. Suggestions?
    05-01-2014 04:46 PM
    removing the protective film that normally gets removed after installation. each time I tried to remove the film on top, the protector came right off of the watch (first cleaned with windex), so being persistent I tried a couple more times and no go, so I stripped off the top film, slapped the protector back down and voila, it's stuck on just fine. If u do this be sure to round (well, a straight cut actually) the corners. Clean watch surface, good lighting, sharp scissors, dust free area, etc...
    I don't know if this is your problem, but NEVER use Windex on your watch, phone, monitor, TV screen, etc.
    05-01-2014 10:14 PM
    I've put countess protectors on after windex. That's not related to the problem
    05-01-2014 11:20 PM
    FYI windex won't hurt glass. I only use polymer products on my laptops screens
    05-01-2014 11:26 PM
    The manufacturer of Gorilla Glass 3, Corning Inc., recommends specialty electronics cleaner.
    CORNING® GORILLA® GLASS | How to Clean Your Gorilla Glass Screen
    05-02-2014 12:12 AM
    The manufacturer of Gorilla Glass 3, Corning Inc., recommends specialty electronics cleaner.
    CORNING® GORILLA® GLASS | How to Clean Your Gorilla Glass Screen
    ah, no where does it say GG is harmed by Windex. it's fine...
    05-02-2014 10:46 AM
    ah, no where does it say GG is harmed by Windex. it's fine...
    The article also doesn't say to avoid cleaning the screen with sandpaper. So...as Windex is not a specialty electronics cleaner - as recommended by the Corning scientists who developed the Gorilla Glass product - I'm gonna put my vote on them, not some random guy on an Internet forum.
    05-02-2014 11:43 AM
    The article also doesn't say to avoid cleaning the screen with sandpaper. So...as Windex is not a specialty electronics cleaner - as recommended by the Corning scientists who developed the Gorilla Glass product - I'm gonna put my vote on them, not some random guy on an Internet forum.
    So basically what u are saying is that YOU are AFRAID to use Windex on glass. amazing, but seemingly true. wow!
    05-02-2014 03:33 PM
    So basically what u are saying is that YOU are AFRAID to use Windex on glass. amazing, but seemingly true. wow!
    What I am saying is Windex is meant for windows and high-end electronics cleaner is meant for high-end on electronics. They are not the same. What I am saying is I am not cheap, I can afford the product recommended by the scientists who invented Gorilla Glass 3. Windex was invented 75 years ago and is a mixture of alcohols, acidic solvents and ammonia. Gorilla Glass 3 came on the market at an ELECTRONICS show less than two years ago. I will pay the higher price for the modern cleaner recommended for my Gear 2. I should also note that EVEN THE MAKERS OF WINDEX DO NOT RECOMMEND using their original product on high-end electronics. That's why they invented this for crying out loud: Cleaning Computer, TV Screen | Windex® Electronics Cleaner and Wipes. You do as you wish, gargle with Windex if you wish, but your opinion of me and how I care for my electronics is completely invalid.
    JimSmith94 likes this.
    05-02-2014 04:20 PM
    What I am saying is Windex is meant for windows and high-end electronics cleaner is meant for high-end on electronics. They are not the same. What I am saying is I am not cheap, I can afford the product recommended by the scientists who invented Gorilla Glass 3. Windex was invented 75 years ago and is a mixture of alcohols, acidic solvents and ammonia. Gorilla Glass 3 came on the market at an ELECTRONICS show less than two years ago. I will pay the higher price for the modern cleaner recommended for my Gear 2. I should also note that EVEN THE MAKERS OF WINDEX DO NOT RECOMMEND using their original product on high-end electronics. That's why they invented this for crying out loud: Cleaning Computer, TV Screen | Windex® Electronics Cleaner and Wipes. You do as you wish, gargle with Windex if you wish, but your opinion of me and how I care for my electronics is completely invalid.
    I'm sure you care as much about MY opinion on this subject as I care about YOURS. (ie, zip, nada, zilch) Is that fair enough for you or are we going to beat a dead horse?

btw, did you notice I said I use other cleaning products (ie, a polymer) on my laptop's screen as well as other items? I'm getting the idea u think I spray windex on EVERYTHING. Not so.
    05-02-2014 05:43 PM