Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

07-15-2014 03:57 PM
68 123
tools
    Go to your phone turn on map my run start a run and then go to the watch and in a few seconds the watch will begin displaying data
    This doesn't work for me. I can start MMR on my watch and the app starts and shows data on my phone, but not the other way around as you describe.
    05-14-2014 11:17 AM
    Ok, before I update MMR to 3.0.3, how exactly did you get HRM in watch to connect to MMR on phone?
    I think the steps are the same with both versions. On the phone go to Settings>Heart Rate, Other Sensors...>Heart rate>Connect, and choose the Gear 2. That worked for me on the previous version but on 3.0.3 all I see for devices is "Use ANT+" whatever that is. No Bluetooth devices show at all, where the previous version showed all available Bluetooth devices, even my TV!
    05-14-2014 11:23 AM
    This doesn't work for me. I can start MMR on my watch and the app starts and shows data on my phone, but not the other way around as you describe.
    Perhaps you just aren't not waiting long enough for the watch app to display MMR's data, when started from the phone. It always works for my watch as well as my wifes.
    05-14-2014 11:48 AM
    Perhaps you just aren't not waiting long enough for the watch app to display MMR's data, when started from the phone. It always works for my watch as well as my wifes.
    I started MMR on my phone and took a 30 minute walk, It never showed up on my watch. The only thing possibly unusual is that I set MMR for walking mode because Map My Walk doesn't seem to be compatible.
    05-14-2014 04:46 PM
    I set mmr to WALK.
    05-14-2014 05:02 PM
    I think the steps are the same with both versions. On the phone go to Settings>Heart Rate, Other Sensors...>Heart rate>Connect, and choose the Gear 2. That worked for me on the previous version but on 3.0.3 all I see for devices is "Use ANT+" whatever that is. No Bluetooth devices show at all, where the previous version showed all available Bluetooth devices, even my TV!
    I have version 2.9.5 and for me it looks like this: Settings>Sensor setting>Heart rate

Then it starts scanning and infact finds a lot of stuff including the Gear 2 Neo. But when it's done with the scanning, under Gear 2 Neo it says "Device not broadcasting discovery". I can however select it and it appears to be connected but no heart rate shows. I tested having MMR tracking running for about 10 min but heartrate didn't appear.

I'm gonna take a run in a couple of hours outside to rule out that it activates when gps is active or something like that. It sounds a bit weird that you're getting it to work, anybody else have it running?
    05-15-2014 07:17 AM
    I have version 2.9.5 and for me it looks like this: Settings>Sensor setting>Heart rate

Then it starts scanning and infact finds a lot of stuff including the Gear 2 Neo. But when it's done with the scanning, under Gear 2 Neo it says "Device not broadcasting discovery". I can however select it and it appears to be connected but no heart rate shows. I tested having MMR tracking running for about 10 min but heartrate didn't appear.

I'm gonna take a run in a couple of hours outside to rule out that it activates when gps is active or something like that. It sounds a bit weird that you're getting it to work, anybody else have it running?
    Well, I never did get it to "work" but I could at least connect to it like you did and also with no heartbeat. I have searched and searched but can't find how to tell the new version of MMR to search for Bluetooth devices. Oddly, nobody else has complained about it either.
    05-15-2014 08:45 PM
    Well, I never did get it to "work" but I could at least connect to it like you did and also with no heartbeat. I have searched and searched but can't find how to tell the new version of MMR to search for Bluetooth devices. Oddly, nobody else has complained about it either.
    I did the run yesterday and yeah well, as you state, connected is not the same thing as working. it doesn't work!
    05-16-2014 04:22 AM
    So how is mapmyrun completed to the built in running app in terms of accuracy?
    05-16-2014 05:34 AM
    So how is mapmyrun completed to the built in running app in terms of accuracy?
    Well unfortunately I can't answer that since it decided to stop working after about 30 min. Perhaps someone else can answer? I think it is closer to run keeper and other in terms of accuracy. Hence closer to reality.
    05-16-2014 08:12 AM
    MMR uses GPS and it is very accurate. I have checked it against Google Maps ( by going to the old Google Maps on the web and plotting out the distance for a route) and other GPS enabled apps. Calories burned is also quite accurate
    05-16-2014 08:15 AM
    I got a response from map my run developers to my review i made. You can see it in the screenshot.

I suspected something like this.

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails If someone spots MapMyRun in Samsung Apps, please give us a heads up.-screenshot_2014-05-27-23-10-31-1.jpg  
    JimSmith94 likes this.
    05-27-2014 04:15 PM
    I got a response from map my run developers to my review i made. You can see it in the screenshot.

I suspected something like this.

Posted via Android Central App
    I guess this explains why their own Fitness with Gear app can get the heart rate from the watch and no third party apps can (yet).
    05-27-2014 06:28 PM
    I'm having a problem with my gear and Map My Run.

I have a S5 and have loaded MMR on both the phone and the gear. When I try to open the app on my gear, it says "Install MMR from the Play Store on your phone to continue".

I tried unloading and reloading the apps a couple of times, but no luck. The app works great on the phone, but the whole point of accessing the data and being able to start and stop the run from my watch are not working.

Any ideas?
    06-25-2014 04:04 PM
    If no one has a better idea, I'd suggest resetting the Gear, as painful as you may find that. Don't install any other 3rd party app before trying MMR again. Good luck.
    06-25-2014 07:22 PM
    Where are you finding this app? Maybe it isn't avail in Canada, because its not coming up in my samsung gear apps store I just have the factory exercise apps, and I don't think they are correct. When I'm on the treadmill, I do an interval run, walk one run one for about a half hr and it says I only burned about 85calories
    07-15-2014 11:25 AM
    Where are you finding this app? Maybe it isn't avail in Canada, because its not coming up in my samsung gear apps store I just have the factory exercise apps, and I don't think they are correct. When I'm on the treadmill, I do an interval run, walk one run one for about a half hr and it says I only burned about 85calories
    take a look at this: The Ultimate Guide to Installing Incompatible Android Apps from Google Play

tell us if any of those tricks work for you.
    07-15-2014 11:34 AM
    Thanks 1812dave! I don't see this app avail, but I had messaged the app developers for mapmyrun, and they got back to me saying, "We are aware of the issue and our developers are investigating. At this time, I'm unsure of how quickly it will be fixed, but we do hope to have the problem taken care of soon. I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you and thank you for your patience while we troubleshoot and attempt to eliminate the problem" So its an error, and I can be patient
    1812dave likes this.
    07-15-2014 03:57 PM
68 123