If someone spots MapMyRun in Samsung Apps, please give us a heads up.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
MMR uses GPS and it is very accurate. I have checked it against Google Maps ( by going to the old Google Maps on the web and plotting out the distance for a route) and other GPS enabled apps. Calories burned is also quite accurate

AndyMassaro

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I got a response from map my run developers to my review i made. You can see it in the screenshot.

I suspected something like this.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-27-23-10-31-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-27-23-10-31-1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 56

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I got a response from map my run developers to my review i made. You can see it in the screenshot.

I suspected something like this.

Posted via Android Central App

I guess this explains why their own Fitness with Gear app can get the heart rate from the watch and no third party apps can (yet).

David Conti

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a problem with my gear and Map My Run.

I have a S5 and have loaded MMR on both the phone and the gear. When I try to open the app on my gear, it says "Install MMR from the Play Store on your phone to continue".

I tried unloading and reloading the apps a couple of times, but no luck. The app works great on the phone, but the whole point of accessing the data and being able to start and stop the run from my watch are not working.

Any ideas?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If no one has a better idea, I'd suggest resetting the Gear, as painful as you may find that. Don't install any other 3rd party app before trying MMR again. Good luck.

Vanessa0831

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Where are you finding this app? Maybe it isn't avail in Canada, because its not coming up in my samsung gear apps store :( I just have the factory exercise apps, and I don't think they are correct. When I'm on the treadmill, I do an interval run, walk one run one for about a half hr and it says I only burned about 85calories :(

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Where are you finding this app? Maybe it isn't avail in Canada, because its not coming up in my samsung gear apps store :( I just have the factory exercise apps, and I don't think they are correct. When I'm on the treadmill, I do an interval run, walk one run one for about a half hr and it says I only burned about 85calories :(

take a look at this: The Ultimate Guide to Installing Incompatible Android Apps from Google Play

tell us if any of those tricks work for you.

Vanessa0831

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks 1812dave! I don't see this app avail, but I had messaged the app developers for mapmyrun, and they got back to me saying, "We are aware of the issue and our developers are investigating. At this time, I'm unsure of how quickly it will be fixed, but we do hope to have the problem taken care of soon. I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you and thank you for your patience while we troubleshoot and attempt to eliminate the problem" So its an error, and I can be patient :)