Heart rate monitor

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I just found out that the heart rate monitor is accurate. I was at the doctors office yesterday and while they were taking the normal check in vitals. The Gear 2 Neo's heart rate and the doctors were spot on the same.

tcjohnsson

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I just found out that the heart rate monitor is accurate. I was at the doctors office yesterday and while they were taking the normal check in vitals. The Gear 2 Neo's heart rate and the doctors were spot on the same.

I've found the watch to be very accurate when taking measurements while being perfectly still. However, it's horribly inaccurate (about +/- 50 BPM off) once you start any kind of moderate exercise (i.e. jogging, hiking, etc).

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, that's reassuring. I just got out of the hospital for an ablation to fix an atrial flutter. My heart rate had dropped into the 30s and I didn't notice it but my regular doctor did at a regular appointment. My Gear 2 is on its way and checking my heart rate will be one of the many uses I plan for it.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I mentioned that a couple days ago. My HR monitor is identical to counting pulse manually. From complaints I'd read about online, I thought the HR feature was a total gimmick.

tcjohnsson

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I mentioned that a couple days ago. My HR monitor is identical to counting pulse manually. From complaints I'd read about online, I thought the HR feature was a total gimmick.

It's gimmicky insofar that it doesn't perform as Samsung advertised. Those complaints aren't from people stating the HRM cannot take a pulse while standing still. They are complaints from people using the monitor while active. The S5 can also take your heart rate and provide an accurate reading while standing still but is useless at continuous heart rate tracking while exercising (for obvious reasons). The benefit to having an HR monitor strapped to your wrist is that you can monitor and track your exercise sessions. The Gear 2 does not accomplish that as advertised. Just taking a random pulse while standing still? It's 100% on the money. But again, this is not how Samsung marketed their new line of "fitness" trackers.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
It's gimmicky insofar that it doesn't perform as Samsung advertised. Those complaints aren't from people stating the HRM cannot take a pulse while standing still. They are complaints from people using the monitor while active. The S5 can also take your heart rate and provide an accurate reading while standing still but is useless at continuous heart rate tracking while exercising (for obvious reasons). The benefit to having an HR monitor strapped to your wrist is that you can monitor and track your exercise sessions. The Gear 2 does not accomplish that as advertised. Just taking a random pulse while standing still? It's 100% on the money. But again, this is not how Samsung marketed their new line of "fitness" trackers.

Yes, I understand what you are saying. It's fine when still, but otherwise problematic.

Trent9810

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I find the HR on the neo to be good up to 120 then it starts to way over count apx 30+ on the upper side of things. If you have very hairy arms it can also mess up your HR readings

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20